could mcmichael be the next shannon sharpe? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

could mcmichael be the next shannon sharpe?

I watched McMichael a bit. I thought he blocked pretty well, which surprised me because everyone says he can't block.

Originally posted by Phinstd
McMichael maed one catch last night. Baker was much more impressive and may not make the team.

I am not sold on the guy. The flipping play? He jumped and got knocked down. So what?

I think he'll be good...just come on with the as good as Sharpe and forget about Shockey comments.

Shockey was much more impressive in his game for sure.

have you seen anything from him besides last nights 1 catch game? not just phinstd...but anyone?
i'm not just going by last nights preseason game, he has looked very good throughout camp(read the coaches/sports writers praises). he also looked awesome during the titan scrimmage.
as far as shockey being much more impressive...did he have more than one ball thrown to him? also shockey was a 1st rounder, compared to a 4th rounder he better damn well be more impressive or something's seriously wrong.
i'm telling you, after watching this kid play and if he's featured at te in norv's offense, he will be special!:D

Ok Dirty, I'll take your word for it. I'm just not gonna get too excited and put too much pressure on a rookie 4th rd pick to be our O's savior.

I would like for to be eased in and not start until midseason. Not only to get used to pro game, but to insure he won't wear down. A big knock on him was his inability to keep his weight on all season. That's a 12 or game season, what's gonna happen if forced to play 18 or so games?

i don't think anyone thinks he will be our o's savior, and i really don't believe any knocks on athletes as they come out of college...they knocked chambers because of his lack of concentration and dropped passes:D
as far as tight end goes, i don't consider it a high pressure position, block and periodically catch the ball. i think rb and te are two of the easier positions to transfer from college to the nfl...jmho

I'm VERY excited about this guy, and very excited about utilizing the TE to do more than block!
But if he keeps jumping over people like that after the catch..he won't be anything but mouth...because he will be on the sidelines telling everyone what he could have done but injuried..those kinds of runs gets you hurt..I was glad he came out of it without a scatch..

Rookies. They learn. Like when Burress spiked the ball after catching a pass on his knees for a first down up here (last year). The DB picked it up and ran it back. OOPS!, not NCAA anymore Plax!

Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy
looks pretty similar, style and size wise, and under norv...who knows? thoughts?

oh yeah, i love this:bling:

yes i do believe he can be the next shannon sharpe. but i dont think mcmicheals is even thinking about it. he is just out there playing his game. he could be the next sharpe if he stays focused like chambers and doesnt get a big head. his athleticism is defenitely there and he knows the offense obviously. i hope he is quite frankly the next kellen winslow. quite yet commanding. i feel mcmicheal will win game sfor us this year. could you imagine faking to ricky up the left side and rolling out right and there is mcmicheal 10 yards down field with noone around for miles? suddenly, your looking at being at teh goaline much more quickly than usual. that is norv turner. but that is mcmicheals key. stay with norv. the guy who seeked you out and mentored you. and yes RM coud be a great one. paul mcguire even said so last night. i like mcguire, he is a bills homer, but he calls it right.

clear.gif

this is some crazzzzy sh1t!

Back
Top Bottom