Could Sage start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Sage start?

FuR_DoGG

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It seems that everyone has already decided that Feeley is going to start, even though the only quote concerning the matter from our FO was that "He will have every oppertunity" to do so. This doesn't mean in any way that the #1 spot is in the books. I think (Or hope) that Sage, who ranked higher then A.J in their draft class, will have an equal opportunity. It just doesn't make any sense that we'd put a 3rd stringer from anouther team infront of a third stringer who's been in our system for a few years now. The only indication I see of A.J getting the starting job is the price we payed for him, which - by the way - is better then the first rounder we'd have spent had the Eagles put a tender on him. Feeley hasn't proven anything more or less then Sage has. Now am I an idiot or does Sage have a chance to start?

that will depend a bit on who the third player ends up being...

Who knows if Sage will even be back. He may get tendered and leave as a UFA

If Sage leaves and we end up with two spots to fill, then that would probobly mean we'd have to get a guy in the draft, and this would most likely be Losman. I couldn't imagine letting ALL 3 QB'S go. Thats unheard of...

Originally posted by finsnchips
Who knows if Sage will even be back. He may get tendered and leave as a UFA
as I have said before when we tender Sage next week, it will be a major indicator to what they think he is worth, i.e. a min. tender (4th rd pick) or 1rd pick tender.

Originally posted by Unconquered
New England paid Drew alot to sit on the bench...its all about who gives us the best chance to win.

I think this last season clearly established that we are NOT New England.

In open competiton Sage would not be able to beat out Fiedler Griese or Feely. Did anyone else go to any practices last year. During drills where recievers are unguarded he must have missed 30 to 40% of them. Accuracy is horrible without defenders there. If he does start I would be willing to bet money we see a new dolphin record for either completion percentage or INT's.

Uhh, what was New England susposed to do? Cut him mid-season?

Rosenfels has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he's even a good #2, much less a #1.

Back
Top Bottom