Could the Dolphins have ZERO home games in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the Dolphins have ZERO home games in 2020?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is a wild proposal:

So even if the season proceeds without fans in attendance, we’ll have to be ready for a given player or coach or whoever to be out of action for at least a couple of weeks, without warning.

There’s another way to have football. It’s an extreme idea, one that was floated to a G.M. earlier this week and mentioned in the Sunday mailbag and repeated during a visit with WFAN on Sunday afternoon: The NFL takes all teams to a location free from coronavirus, tests everyone on the way in, and then sequesters the entire league for the full duration of the season.

The Premier League reportedly is considering this approach as a way to finish its 2019-20 season. The NFL needs to be considering the feasibility of this approach as a way to play (and televise) the 256 regular-season games and 13 postseason games of the 2020 season.

One possibility would be to find a place literally in the middle of nowhere and build enough fields to play the various games on a given Sunday (and Saturday, if college football doesn’t happen in 2020) and enough rooms to house the players, coaches, trainers, broadcasters, etc. for 17 weeks of football and four weeks of the postseason. Another possibility would be to add to the football facility at the Greenbrier in West Virginia, which currently has 710 rooms.

Also, HELL NO!!!

The Greenbrier?!? **** that noise!

I’m sure our piece of **** Governor, and asshole coal baron, Jim Justice (who owns the resort) would love the additional revenue that he could continue to add to his pile that he refuses to pay his goddamn taxes on. :bobdole:

Sorry about the political rant, but I read that and needed to vent for a second. I realize that y’all don’t care. :lol:

Proceed with the original discussion. ;)

I think it's way to early to know what will happen to the football season because of this virus. It could be under control well before training camp starts in late July. We just have to let this play out and hopefully this nightmare can end sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Also, HELL NO!!!

I’m sure our piece of **** Governor, and ******* coal baron, Jim Justice (who owns the resort) would love the additional revenue that he could continue to add to his pile that he refuses to pay his goddamn taxes on. :bobdole:

Sorry about the political rant, but I read that and needed to vent for a second. I realize that y’all don’t care. :lol:

Maybe we care but just don't need to discuss it here.

Also, HELL NO!!!

I’m sure our piece of **** Governor, and ******* coal baron, Jim Justice (who owns the resort) would love the additional revenue that he could continue to add to his pile that he refuses to pay his goddamn taxes on. :bobdole:

I care. I'm a fellow WV native

I'm optimistic the season will be similar to the 2011 lock out season. Sometime in late July or Early August everyone comes back.

while the virus will not be as widespread at that point, it will still be present until there is a vaccine. Many experts expect to see a second wave in the Fall.

if this is true, I don’t see how a normal season could go on. It would mean that key players and perhaps even entire teams would need to automatically miss 2 games as they quarantine and recover. It would make travel a logistical nightmare as well. Not to mention I don’t see how they could play games with a crowd. At minimum they would be playing games in empty stadiums.

while the virus will not be as widespread at that point, it will still be present until there is a vaccine. Many experts expect to see a second wave in the Fall.

if this is true, I don’t see how a normal season could go on. It would mean that key players and perhaps even entire teams would need to automatically miss 2 games as they quarantine and recover. It would make travel a logistical nightmare as well. Not to mention I don’t see how they could play games with a crowd. At minimum they would be playing games in empty stadiums.

Yeah Kirk Herbstreit recently came out and discussed this for the upcoming seasons. I don't necessarily disagree with him or you.

I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Sounds crazy. But, I hope they find a way to get us Football. Everyone is going to want the distraction and someone is going to figure out how to provide sports, might as well be the NFL.

We have much bigger problems than where the NFL games are going to be played.

It's like an architect worrying about the roof on a 50 story sky scraper....

when the structural foundation isn't able to handle a 3 mile an hour wind.

and there's a category 5 hurricane less than a week away.

This is just a little trial run,

the next one won't have a mortality rate of under 1%.

That alarm clock is SCREAMING..... :(

Everyone knows about Coronavirus. No one was putting football above the importance of being safe. However, by that point we're all going to need a distraction. To want football is not the same as telling people you don't care if they die. I salute articles like the one posted and the hopes that we find a way to stay safe, fight the virus and still provide what the NFL is...entertainment. We can be safe and pay respect to the virus and still be entertained.

Back
Top Bottom