Could The Xfl Produce A More "real" Product Than The Nfl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could The Xfl Produce A More "real" Product Than The Nfl?

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Once again we have a blown call sending the bigger market team to a Super Bowl. We all know the NFL is seriously shady and greed has tarnished any credibility the league once had. Isnt it ironic that LA, who after a decade with out an NFL franchise, makes the Super Bowl in year 2 by means of clear tampering. I've just about had enough of this BS.

What's got me thinking this morning, is one, Vince McMahon. I've heard the XFL is going to allow players to get drafted after their freshman year. Vince is a billionaire and could probably offer these rookies similar contracts to the NFL. Just this simple rule could seriously poach some college talent from the NFL. In turn making the XFL talent somewhat decent, maybe not in year 1, but by year 3 or 4 the XFL will have some teams that could win games in the NFL.

Wouldn't is be strange if the XFL and Vince McMahon actually put together a good product and kept it fair and honest? Its definitely interesting to ponder. The guy who's made a billion dollars manipulating a "fake" sport in wrestling could create a league that is more "real" than the NFL.

Personally, i feel the NFL has lost all credibility as a Professional Sport, it's no different than WWE, its Sports Entertainment. I dont watch Wrestling because its "fake" but it's clear that the NFL is also "fake" so why do I continue to watch this clearly scripted crap?

I actually might give the XFL a chance. I didn't really think about it until today but I love watching football and the NFLs product right now is hot garbage. Mind numbing commentators like Joe Buck and Tomy Romo, commercial breaks that are so frequent and so long it makes watching a game close to a 4 hour affair and as boring as a dentist visit. Then add to it all that the Dolphins have been such a nightmare for so long, Im about to reach my breaking point honestly.

So I guess my question to you guys, will you guys give the XFL a chance?

Do you think the XFL has a serious chance to be a success?

I had wrote it off all this time as another one of McMahons pipe dreams but with all the discontent this morning maybe the XFL might work. I think I'm gonna give it a chance, cant be any worse than this Tom Brady slurp fest.

I agree with a lot of what you stated about the product. The bias is obvious at times such as the non PI call. I honestly through they were trying to manipulate a Rams-Chiefs rematch of that insane Primetime game. They almost got it had Ford not lined up in the NZ. Then again, they may not have called it if it was truly scripted - unless my premise on who they wanted was off.

Last year after Philly got in, I said “no way in the world they let Bortles in”. Could you imagine Foles vs Bortles? Nightmare situation for the NFL. And true to form the Jags beat NE in every facet - rushing, yards, turnovers you name it. But penalties - ah - phantom PIs that set up 2 scores and 10 penalties to 1 of 100 yards to 5 - were enough for the NFL to avoid having to figure out how to promote a hideous QB matchup for 2 weeks. Of course, now that Foles is a legend they would treat him differently.

I will give the XFL a chance. Why not? The NFL sucks now. The games have no flow. Too many penalties and stoppages.

You think “He Hate Me” will come out of retirement?

The 30 on 30 for the XFL was interesting. I always thought they made a bug mistake not putting the teams together quickly so we got shitty football week 1. Hopefully they realize that was a big issue. What was amazing is week 2 was awesome but they had the issue with that generator running out of fuel and had to switch a really competitive game which probably ticked a lot of folks off. What's tough is many guy, myself included, already no that unless it's a super important family event they give up their Sunday's to watch football. Sorry to be a douche but if it comes down to just getting together with family to talk or watch football that's a no brainer for me, I'd much rather watch football. My point is being able to give up a day during XFL season would be tough, they need to target primetime at first to have a shot.

Falcons start building Mercedes-Benz stadium in 2013 and make it to the Super Bowl in 2016 a year before the new stadium opens

Rams start building Los Angeles Stadium in 2015 and make it to Super Bowl in 2018 two years before the new stadium opens.

Very good marketing. But easy to see through.......

Maybe Ross should have built a new Stadium.

Once again we have a blown call sending the bigger market team to a Super Bowl. We all know the NFL is seriously shady and greed has tarnished any credibility the league once had. Isnt it ironic that LA, who after a decade with out an NFL franchise, makes the Super Bowl in year 2 by means of clear tampering. I've just about had enough of this BS.

Personally, i feel the NFL has lost all credibility as a Professional Sport, it's no different than WWE, its Sports Entertainment. I dont watch Wrestling because its "fake" but it's clear that the NFL is also "fake" so why do I continue to watch this clearly scripted crap?
I agree with a lot of what you stated about the product. The bias is obvious at times such as the non PI call. I honestly through they were trying to manipulate a Rams-Chiefs rematch of that insane Primetime game. They almost got it had Ford not lined up in the NZ. Then again, they may not have called it if it was truly scripted - unless my premise on who they wanted was off.

All reasons why I refuse to give Tom Brady consideration for GOAT. As good as the guy is, it's clear he's had a lot of help outside of his own control. Let's postulate for a moment that spygate and deflategate weren't real. And that the NFL also doesn't protect him above and beyond other QB's by allowing his o-line more latitude in holding. The teams he led are still 3 plays away from being 3-5 in Super Bowls, as well as not making it this season. All three are plays Brady had zero influence upon.
  • the strip sack against ATL in the SB that gave them life when all the Falcons had to do was run the ball and attempt a FG (even if it missed, too much time would have come off the clock)
  • SEA decision to not only forgo running the ball with Marshawn Lynch at the GL, but to throw a risky slant pass instead of a safer Russell Wilson roll out run/pass option
  • Dee Ford clearly lining up offside (not being drawn off) on what should have been the game-ending INT
And let's not forget the infamous 'tuck rule' game that allowed the Patriots to reach their 1st SB with Brady under center. While it may have been the correct call by the letter of the law at the time, it easily could have been overlooked or ruled differently a la the refs 'missing' the PI call against the Rams last weekend. It was a fortunate ruling which Brady had no say in. Fortunate rulings and avoidable mistakes by opponents have been a theme in Brady's career. I also recall Marlon McCree's dumb decision not to fall down after intercepting a Brady pass late in a playoff game in San Diego. The Pats eventually lost in Indy the next game, but still.

When blind luck and protection from the NFL are the main reasons someone has broken records, I just can't overlook it and say that person is GOAT. Can't do it.

As you guys said, I sure hope the XFL develops more integrity than the NFL.

Agree about the state of the NFL, but the chances of Vince McMahon putting together a credible alternative with integrity and quality are pretty ****ing slim.

I wouldn't think the xfl would be better. Hard thing to do, first it has to prove it has staying power. The NFL will crush the xfl before it starts

Back
Top Bottom