Could Tua overtake Burrow????

Dolfansal

Starter
Reaction score
If he checks out medically do you think Tua overtakes Burrow as the #1 QB?

Would you be happy with Burrow then being our QB?

I think if that happens we WILL have to move to 2 or 3 because Carolina will give a ton to get their hands on him.

Dolphinator530

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
If it was a question of quaterbacking ability I think Tua is ahead of Burrow already. But the injury history alone will never really allow Tua to jump him in the eyes of most, while most players are one hit away from their career ending there is the looming cloud that will always be hanging over Tua. At least until he gets popped and fallen on hard and he stands up right away. The match of the Bengals and Burrow being an Ohio kid who went to tOSU and had the best college year ever is just to much of a pull for even a healthy Tua throwing draft at his pro day can overcome.

As far as if the Bengals took Tua and Miami moved up to grab Burrow I would be happy, he will fit the culture and while he is limited in some ways he is a headsy guy who will have success in the NFL. Kind of reminds me of an athletic Chad Pennington who won his fair share of games and is the only QB to win the AFC east not named Brady in the last 100000 years.

russianbear

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
the answer to your question is yes, but i don't see the bengals taking on any medical risk when they have a solid prospect coming off a best-in-class hesiman SEC college year of football staring them in the face with a clean bill of health

that would take some big cojones and a lot of conviction.

jimthefin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Without the hip injury they would be neck and neck, but i can't see him passing Burrow this Spring.

NBP81

Yippi ka yay mother******!
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Right now the best odds you'll get is +1200 for Tua #1... Depending on his pro day, I expect this number to change but not overtake Burrow.

mfish41

It is what it is
Reaction score
Burrow to the Bengals is a done deal barring any major developments over the next 2 months.

i.e. video of burrow taking a gas mask rip

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No- Burrow is a better QB and then of course you have the injuries. Also Burrow grew up in Ohio and I assume that's a good thing in the Benglas eyes. I've seen those stories about maybe Burrow not wanting to play for the Bengals, I find that surprising, but maybe that will be a factor.

IrKEVerent

THE DEFLATOR
Reaction score
No- Burrow is a better QB and then of course you have the injuries. Also Burrow grew up in Ohio and I assume that's a good thing in the Benglas eyes. I've seen those stories about maybe Burrow not wanting to play for the Bengals, I find that surprising, but maybe that will be a factor.
LOL

Blake the great

Starter
Reaction score
Tua will have a difficult time to increase his draft stock over Burrow because he's still injured now. Tua may still be able to have a pro day before the draft but every QB looks amazing at their pro days.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom