Could we get Clinton Portis as our running back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could we get Clinton Portis as our running back?

Mako

Second String
Reaction score
TSN

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
TSN says Clinton Portis will go to Cleveland in the first round because they need a RB and Davis has no problem drafting Miami players. I honestly would rather have Duckett, William Green, DeShaun Foster, Damien Anderson, or Lucke Staley, because Portis is being hyped because the Canes won it all.

I heard Butch Davis was high up over James (The Self Proclaimed Greatest RB in Cleveland Brown History) Jackson...

QuebecFinsFan

Scout Team
Reaction score
ice...

TSN says Clinton Portis will go to Cleveland in the first round because they need a RB and Davis has no problem drafting Miami players. I honestly would rather have Duckett, William Green, DeShaun Foster, Damien Anderson, or Lucke Staley, because Portis is being hyped because the Canes won it all.

i agree with you...Portis is overrated.

2 reasons he's rising up the board

1- Like Ice said, he played for the Rose Bowl winner...
2- He played with a Heisman candidate QB, 3 possible 1st & 2n round pick OL (McKinnie, Bibla & Gonzalez) and arguably the best fullback and TE in the nation...

No doubt in my mind he's a 3rd or 4th rounder

Mako

Second String
Reaction score
Originally posted by Flyin11
Any chance on getting Clinton Portis from the Canes in the draft?
:confused: I think it would be a great addition ;) :D

According to this draft guide Im reading, Portis is tabbed as a 3rd Rounder and the 2nd best Miami Hurricane RB available. They have Najeh Davenport ranked as a low 1st- High 2nd rounder.

Top Bottom