Couldn't have worked out better for both of us. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couldn't have worked out better for both of us.

Kross

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now that 5 weeks have gone by I can actually say that this trade has worked out great for the both of us. Ricky is 2nd in the NFL in rushing with 565 yards including 4 out of 5 games in which he has ran for 100 yards or more. He is also well on his way to getting my Saints your 1st round draft pick :evil: . On the other side is Duece who is 4th in the NFL rushing with 461 yards and has had 3 100 yard rushing games of his own. Also we have Charles Grant (rookie 1st round pick) who has done very good so far with 12 tackles, 2 sacks, and has forced 1 fumble so far.

Originally posted by Kross
Now that 5 weeks have gone by I can actually say that this trade has worked out great for the both of us. Ricky is 2nd in the NFL in rushing with 565 yards including 4 out of 5 games in which he has ran for 100 yards or more. He is also well on his way to getting my Saints your 1st round draft pick :evil: . On the other side is Duece who is 4th in the NFL rushing with 461 yards and has had 3 100 yard rushing games of his own. Also we have Charles Grant (rookie 1st round pick) who has done very good so far with 12 tackles, 2 sacks, and has forced 1 fumble so far.
RW has helped the offense, yes. but i think that the threat of him in there has opened the passing lanes for fiedler more! the one time they pulled the reins on ricky and had fiedler throw, he had 4 INT's.:(

Deuce is going to be pretty darn good. But I still have my doubts about him staying healthy throughout a season.

Definitely happening too much for comfort. The Jets fumble was a careless fumble. The first KC fumble wasn't really his fault because the dude crashed into the backfield and nearly took the handoff. But the second KC fumble was his fault. And the Patriots fumble wasn't necessarily careless, but with some guys running the ball that ball doesn't squirt out, and with other guys it does...and Ricky was unfortunately in the latter category.

2 careless fumbles, 2 not so careless, 3 of them all lost. Thats not a good way to start your first 5 games.

But a runningback can fumble the ball a little too much for comfort and still be considered pretty darn good. Look at Ahman Green.

Everyone really needs to quit whining about Ricky's fumble's; the dude is doing incredibly well and with 36 carries, one fumble- especially one that came on a perfect hit where anyone would have lost the ball- doesn't bother me in the least. He's given us a new dimension to our offense and has done everything the 'Fins could possibly want so, again, quit whining about the fumbles! :yell:

Ricky said that the Pats fumble was what they call and "allowable fumble". This quote is taken slightly out of context (Ricky was going on about how he's fumbled two times too many this season.

But certain fumbles are allowed, if that makes sense. Not really allowed but kind of allowed. If a helmet hits a ball you have protected, which is what happened yesterday, sometimes you are going to fumble even though you aren't being reckless with the football. That happens. Those are big guys on the other side, you know?

Originally posted by Expo88
Everyone really needs to quit whining about Ricky's fumble's; the dude is doing incredibly well and with 36 carries, one fumble- especially one that came on a perfect hit where anyone would have lost the ball- doesn't bother me in the least. He's given us a new dimension to our offense and has done everything the 'Fins could possibly want so, again, quit whining about the fumbles! :yell:
not really whining about the fumbles. its something i'm concerned about and i hope it gets fixed. so far they really haven't hurt us.;)

Back
Top Bottom