Couple Questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couple Questions

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How do we know how much we are supposed to tender our restricted free agents? according to the NFLPA CBA
if i'm reading it correctly, and i may not be

Tender for compensation of the round the player was drafted in is
325k or 110% of the previous seasons salary

tender for 1st rounder is 700k or 110% of previous seasons salary

tender for a 1st/3rd rounder
900k or 110% of their last years salary

whichever is greater in all 3 circumstances

i took that info from http://nflpa.org/Media/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete#art19

correct me if i'm wrong

the question came about because people were asking me what the RFA tenders were and i wasnt sure, but i noticed the colts team had all his tendered for the same exact amount and none were equal to the amounts i found, so i thought i had some wrong info.

let the league know asap, whoever knows where to get the accurrate info

2-- also, i saw the post on transition/franchise, what makes a player elligible for transition. like for instance, why wouldnt the colts tag peyton as a transition instead of franchise to save a little money. what are the requirements?

3--There has already been one trade completed involving a player who was franchise tagged and i know others have been discussed. Some of us, myself included were under the impression that this was legal since if a team tags him no one can technically sign them away since we dont have two first round picks to compensate this year, and no one cares about next years first rounder since it doesnt carry over, wouldnt make sense to have that as an option. Therefore if you can franchise someone and then find someone willing to take on that salary, it should be a legit trade. We're we mistaken in assuming this, if so, what are the actual rules on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious on #3 as well, it just doesn't seem fair that a team could franchise tag a player on this "one-year game", considering the fact that a franchise tag includes draft picks for the next year (which is not part of the game) as well.

Basically, franchise tagging a FA on this "one year game" disqualifies him from FA Status alltogether since he is no longer eligible to be signed away.

Take a moment to think about that. :hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom