Cousin signs with panthers too | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cousin signs with panthers too

Luckily Fletch is looking better

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/2902637.htm

FLETCHER WORKING

Coach Dave Wannstedt said he has been pleased this offseason by the effort of cornerback Jamar Fletcher, the team's first-round pick from last season.

Fletcher, the No. 26 overall pick, was hindered last season by minor injuries and fell behind Terry Cousin as the nickel cornerback. With Cousin having signed with Carolina as a free agent, Fletcher will be the nickel cornerback next season, Wannstedt said.

''Jamar has been in there with [secondary coach] Mel Phillips two and three times a week since the end of the season,'' Wannstedt said. ``He's working hard at it. He didn't go home in the offseason. He stayed here to work.''

On a related note..

It blows my mind that some people on here actually consider Fletcher a bust just because he didn't light the world on fire his rookie season. I can't wait for Jamar to have a great season as our nickel back and continue the tradition of our great secondary. You know he has more talent than Cousin, it's just a matter of learning the pro game.

Re: On a related note..

Originally posted by inFINSible
It blows my mind that some people on here actually consider Fletcher a bust just because he didn't light the world on fire his rookie season. I can't wait for Jamar to have a great season as our nickel back and continue the tradition of our great secondary. You know he has more talent than Cousin, it's just a matter of learning the pro game.
he was injured, not a bust. I w/b shocked if he's not a huge upgrade at nickel CB to Cousins and I liked Cousins. :cool:

Jamar had better be good. We passed over Drew Brees for this guy. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Jamar and am not upset that we selected him. I just think that some day a lot of us are going to be saying...."You know we coulda had that Drew guy."

Re: Re: On a related note..

Originally posted by dolphan39
he was injured, not a bust. I w/b shocked if he's not a huge upgrade at nickel CB to Cousins and I liked Cousins. :cool:

No, I have seen people use the word "bust" before. I know he was injured and that slowed him down but I thought he had a decent season anyway. When he did play, he got beat a couple of times but not repeatedly. I don't know what to expect out of a rookie starting his frist NFL game after missing much of the preseason and not getting ANY playing time once the season started, but I think he heldup pretty well and i am looking forward to the time when he can stop over-thinking things and just start playing football. I don't see him as a bust at all.

"i am looking forward to the time when he" steps in front of Wayne Crebet for the pick and he

could

go

all

the

way

:D

Back
Top Bottom