Cowboy fan here... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboy fan here...

Cowboyfan1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...joined just to say hang in there Fin fans. I have been through this and remember sitting at 1-15 in 89 and missing Tom Landry and thinking "how did our franchise fall to this point?" Well, your Dolphin franchise is a legendary franchise of the 70's like my Boys and I feel you guys will get back on track sooner rather than later. I want to say this, while I know some say the tank is on and I can see that, however, no one told the players because despite being outmanned your team outplayed us for 2 quarters. The Dolphins played with heart and I do feel you have some nice young pieces. I hope Charlton will come through and be a player for you guys...great pick-up, you get a first-round talent and get to try him out with really nothing to lose and everything to gain. I always felt he didn't get the playing time necessary to show what he could do. My impression of Taco is that he is a game player and not a practice player and some coaches can't see that. I wish Kellen Moore was our coach as I think Jason Garrett is about as motivating and inspiring as a piece of sand but that is insulting to the sand lol. Anyway, I hope we can win on talent and Moore continues to call good games. So, keep your head up Dolphin fans, try to find the guys that will be a part of the turnaround and I'm sure you guys will turn it around soon. Miami is a franchise that doesn't lose for long, they usually find a way to be competitive. Well, I registered just because I was impressed with how hard some of your players played and the effort they gave yesterday, hope you guys can find some enjoyment in the season and grab a win soon. I feel you guys will win one soon. I do think Fitz at QB is the best chance to win. Good luck guys! Respect from a hated ole Cowboy fan lol.

I too, remember being 1-15 in 2007 but unfortunately, we didn't follow that up at any time with three Lombardi trophies in four years. But yet, here we are 12 years later still hoping for better days. We do that a lot around here. And we have absolutely no idea if we have the correct people in place who will know how to use the 22+ draft picks over the next couple of years that we possess. All we can do is hope that we do. Meanwhile, the losses will pile up, the cringing will continue and the national jokes will reach a fever pitch in the months to come.....and all we can do is........hope.

Thank you however, for coming by and adding your kind words.

I conclude every morning prayer with:

"And Lord please dont let NE win another SB this season but yet choose any of the other 31 teams at your disposal"

The losing? Been doing that for 20 seasons now so its old hat but NE winning the AFCE, AFC Championship and it all every season just never sits right.

Not sure how to take it when we get beat and the opponent’s fans feel that sorry for us. There aren’t too many teams starting with bare cabinets like we are. This does have the feel of an expansion team just cobbling together a roster to field a basic functioning team. This is a dry run for the coaches, who obviously have very little talent to work with. It’s hard to coach a guy to catch the ball, you either have that or not. The players need to find that thing inside that get’s the wins in those one on one battles where you make the play of the other guy does. At the end of the day, they just look less talented. It is a game of inches. Some of those plays would put another ten points on the board very easily. Maybe they start to gel, get on the same page and collectively elevate their game to be a lot more competitive. That’s the ride we are in for this year.

This full rebuild should've been done post 2007 season.

12 years too late but long overdue. I pulled the plug on attending the Skins game week 6 (I can't afford it). So I'm still rooting for the fins this season no matter how of it I consider a wash.

I was pleasantly surprised by the way Miami was holding it's own during the 1st half. Up until Davis went out with injury the Offensive Line was doing a great job. Rosen looked good. But the 2nd half was an entirely different ball game.

...joined just to say hang in there Fin fans. I have been through this and remember sitting at 1-15 in 89 and missing Tom Landry and thinking "how did our franchise fall to this point?" Well, your Dolphin franchise is a legendary franchise of the 70's like my Boys and I feel you guys will get back on track sooner rather than later. I want to say this, while I know some say the tank is on and I can see that, however, no one told the players because despite being outmanned your team outplayed us for 2 quarters. The Dolphins played with heart and I do feel you have some nice young pieces. I hope Charlton will come through and be a player for you guys...great pick-up, you get a first-round talent and get to try him out with really nothing to lose and everything to gain. I always felt he didn't get the playing time necessary to show what he could do. My impression of Taco is that he is a game player and not a practice player and some coaches can't see that. I wish Kellen Moore was our coach as I think Jason Garrett is about as motivating and inspiring as a piece of sand but that is insulting to the sand lol. Anyway, I hope we can win on talent and Moore continues to call good games. So, keep your head up Dolphin fans, try to find the guys that will be a part of the turnaround and I'm sure you guys will turn it around soon. Miami is a franchise that doesn't lose for long, they usually find a way to be competitive. Well, I registered just because I was impressed with how hard some of your players played and the effort they gave yesterday, hope you guys can find some enjoyment in the season and grab a win soon. I feel you guys will win one soon. I do think Fitz at QB is the best chance to win. Good luck guys! Respect from a hated ole Cowboy fan lol.
Classy post...thanks...have a great season!

"And Lord please dont let NE win another SB this season but yet choose any of the other 31 teams at your disposal"

The losing? Been doing that for 20 seasons now so its old hat but NE winning the AFCE, AFC Championship and it all every season just never sits right.

I think NE is proof that God could care less about sports.

This so much. It's one thing to be continually horrid for 20 years. Lots of teams have done that. But to have your biggest and most hated rival dominate the league over the exact same period? Brutal. It has pretty much sucked the life out of my enthusiasm for the NFL.

Whenever somebody questions why I am so bitter, I always pick the team they are most passionate about (could be any sport), and ask how interested they would be in that sport if (insert that team's biggest rival) had dominated for 20 years while your team sucked. They typically end up understanding.

Just to note, not feeling sorry for you guys, just saw a lot of fight from your squad yesterday. No matter what everyone was saying, those guys came out and smacked us in the mouth and pretty much outplayed us for 2 quarters. I understand it is tough, but I always appreciate those true fans, those who stick with their team win or lose, hate those fairweather fans. I have been a Cowboy fan since I was a young kid of around 6 watching Cowboys/Dolphins in the Super Bowl in the early 70's as Staubach was playing Griese, Csonka and company, we managed that one but the Fins responded with back to back titles. Hey, you guys still have the only team to run the table! Anyway, good luck the rest of the way fellas. We have had some heartbreakers since our last Super Bowl and we have had some rough seasons, so I can understand. I think when we are struggling and you know it's going to be a long season...I try to find bright spots, young players and try to see who is playing hard and hopefully that is what your front office and coaches are doing. From what I understand, they have a plan and some may say tanking, but I could see the Fins being a playoff team in a few seasons with the 2020 draft a chance to turn things around in a hurry for you guys. I tell ya, when you get one or two really talented young players it's amazing how much better some of the other guys become. Peace fellas.

Back
Top Bottom