Cowher? Fisher? Does it even matter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowher? Fisher? Does it even matter?

SpaceMountain16

Disgruntled
Reaction score
At this point I'm not certain anybody can turn this team around long term. Bill Parcells came in here, and he breathed some life back into the franchise. He was recognized as one of the all time greats in football and rightly so, but after some really ridiculous personnel decisions it seems he kicked the cylical failure of the Miami Dolphins back into gear on his way out. Some say he's a fraud, I say he meets expectations of a continually lowered expectation bar. And that's what is going to happen with whoever takes over for Sparano if he's canned. A marginal improvement, but overall just never ending mediocrity. I am disgusted with this franchise.

We are the only "marquee" (historically) franchise that accepts consistent failure. Bad decision after bad decision with scapegoats made but nobody really held accountable when it matters. Its like there is a hex on this team. I don't think anybody can fix this mess. Being this mediocre is worse than being horrifically bad. Its like trying to patch up and old car, it runs but its just one thing after the other. 1-7 at HOME with three December losses to 10 loss football teams? Pathetic offensive performances that in other cities would merit a complete mid season overhaul.....not here. Not in averageville.

I'm so angry yet I don't even care. When is the sun going to rise and end these dark times? 10 years without a playoff win is an absolute travesty. Forget Super Bowl. Can Cowher change that? Can Fisher? Can anybody.....I doubt it. Does anyone seriously see this team being a legitimate contender for anything within the next 5 years? No matter who we get? I don't.

At this point I'm not certain anybody can turn this team around long term. Bill Parcells came in here, and he breathed some life back into the franchise. He was recognized as one of the all time greats in football and rightly so, but after some really ridiculous personnel decisions it seems he kicked the cylical failure of the Miami Dolphins back into gear on his way out. Some say he's a fraud, I say he meets expectations of a continually lowered expectation bar. And that's what is going to happen with whoever takes over for Sparano if he's canned. A marginal improvement, but overall just never ending mediocrity. I am disgusted with this franchise.

We are the only "marquee" (historically) franchise that accepts consistent failure. Bad decision after bad decision with scapegoats made but nobody really held accountable when it matters. Its like there is a hex on this team. I don't think anybody can fix this mess. Being this mediocre is worse than being horrifically bad. Its like trying to patch up and old car, it runs but its just one thing after the other. 1-7 at HOME with three December losses to 10 loss football teams? Pathetic offensive performances that in other cities would merit a complete mid season overhaul.....not here. Not in averageville.

I'm so angry yet I don't even care. When is the sun going to rise and end these dark times? 10 years without a playoff win is an absolute travesty. Forget Super Bowl. Can Cowher change that? Can Fisher? Can anybody.....I doubt it. Does anyone seriously see this team being a legitimate contender for anything within the next 5 years? No matter who we get? I don't.

Only if we can somehow get a QB and a few OLineman....which is going to be tuff
We need to have a little luck which is something we never seem to have. I honestly dont know how much more of this sh*t I can take! This freaking team is slowly killing me!

This team is missing two of the most important pieces QB and OC. We also need some explosion out of the RB and TE positions. After that, though, we have a lot of things working in our favor. The D is very young and very talented, and if we can keep Nolan, I think we're set there for years to come. We also have a good young group of WR's. We could definitely add something to the #2 WR position, but with Marshall and Bess, I don't think it's a MUST.

In other words, I think Miami is a very attractive job opportunity for a coach with a vision. CK brought up Harbaugh and the potential that he might bring in Callahan to be the OC. I think that's a dream scenario for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom