Cris Carter to Miami Article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter to Miami Article

I would like to see Carter in Miami but his attitude is a problem. I think that is a HUGE rumor. This is the only place I have read it, noone else has talked about it. Also Chambers is great they just aren't using him correctly. CC is retired he isn't coming back even if that article says he may, he won't for two reasons...

1) He knows Miami is a running team

2) He knows that Fiedler and Ray will not throw to him 9/10 times because of the depth at WR.

I said it before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely nothing to the Cris Carter rumors. We brought in a group of veteran WRs that includes Sean Dawkins, Na Brown, Chris Coleman, and Chris Sanders...among others. One of those likely will be signed among the turmoil thats going on right now.

The real interesting dynamic that is going on has nothing to do with Cris Carter...its Oronde Gadsden. If he opts for surgery now he gets completely healthy by the start of free agency, hopefully receives a big contract from someone. He's got a pretty decent rep out there. But he could decide AGAINST surgery and just play through the pain and I'm sure he'd be viable throughout the season...as good as usual. But the surgery after the post-season would leave him injured until very late in free agency...and therefore he won't see the payday.

So he either takes one for the team and shows that the team and this year's success are more important to him, or he takes the chances at more money. I would imagine that his decision hinges on what the Dolphins management promise him in terms of attempting to sign him back next year as a free agent.

A lot of people on here will probably be all p!ssed off and feeling "betrayed" and **** if Oronde opts to try and get paid. I say screw'em. This is professional football not college. He's not beholden to Miami. Get your payday.

Back
Top Bottom