Crowder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i jsut looked at the league leaders in tackles etc etc and it shows all the stats from sacks to ff to ints and so forth. well Crowder has 80 tackles but after the *** and solo everythign else is 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

he does absolutely nothing but just tackle. I hope he steps it up in other areas of his game other hten 6-7 tackles a game.

stats aren't everything. He has been good in coverage this year, especially lately. And he has multiple QB pressures this year. Twice which led to INT's. So just because it doesn't show up in the stats, doesn't mean he's not doing anything else.

Rocky Raccoon said:
stats aren't everything. He has been good in coverage this year, especially lately. And he has multiple QB pressures this year. Twice which led to INT's. So just because it doesn't show up in the stats, doesn't mean he's not doing anything else.

yea i know. thats why once he gets moved to MLB it will be nice b/c ZT blitzes are BS and waste of a player doing something pointless instead of being in coverage. Crwoder blitzes very well this past few weeks since the bye and i think that would benefit him greatly.

SR 7 said:
yea i know. thats why once he gets moved to MLB it will be nice b/c ZT blitzes are BS and waste of a player doing something pointless instead of being in coverage. Crwoder blitzes very well this past few weeks since the bye and i think that would benefit him greatly.

He has been blitzing a lot better, but they haven't blitz much lately. I wish they would, I love to blitz.

Rocky Raccoon said:
He has been blitzing a lot better, but they haven't blitz much lately. I wish they would, I love to blitz.

The Dolphins blitzed a ton on Sunday. They basically brought pressure from everywhere and it didn't phase Gerrard. I remember on one play Travis Daniels came on the blitz untouched and he got knocked down when he ran into Gerrard who still completed the pass, he bounced off of him like a fly. The only reason they weren't blitzing more before was because we have powerfull D-linemen and simplified the blitz packages to protect the secondary. When they had to bring pressure it leaves people in one-on-one coverage(Will Allen vs. Matt Jones was the end result).

SR 7 said:

I think the reason Zack was having trouble blitzing is that he lost alot of weight this year, down to 215 I believe, in order to improve his game. but he admits that it didnt and hes back up to 225 now, I think he normally plays at or around 235, at 215 he just got pushed around.

f-ball+beer=:) said:
I think the reason Zack was having trouble blitzing is that he lost alot of weight this year, down to 215 I believe, in order to improve his game. but he admits that it didnt and hes back up to 225 now, I think he normally plays at or around 235, at 215 he just got pushed around.

I read this somewhere as well, he has started to put the weight back on and you can tell the difference in his play.

crowder is a MLB thats playing outside. His style is very similar to Lance Briggs.

crowder gets a lot of props on this site but in my opinion definately needs to take his game to another level,name me one impact play the man has made behind the line of scrimmage,all that i can remember where i got excited was the hit he put on rex,to bad it was after the throw.

djphinfan said:
crowder gets a lot of props on this site but in my opinion definately needs to take his game to another level,name me one impact play the man has made behind the line of scrimmage,all that i can remember where i got excited was the hit he put on rex,to bad it was after the throw.

If he doesn't get sent there that often how is he going to rack up stats? There are LB's that go behind the line and some that stay back and rack up tackles, which Crowder is doing.

As ZMD said, he stopped LJ COLD TURKEY open field. Anyone don't think we would have lost if LJ breaks that one? And what does that register on the stat sheet? Just a single tackle out of 80.

SR 7 said:
i jsut looked at the league leaders in tackles etc etc and it shows all the stats from sacks to ff to ints and so forth. well Crowder has 80 tackles but after the *** and solo everythign else is 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

he does absolutely nothing but just tackle. I hope he steps it up in other areas of his game other hten 6-7 tackles a game.

the way the defense played against jacksonville .. tackles are the only stat i want to see improved .. they just got overpowered

djphinfan said:

He flew right up the middle and rattled the hell out of Grossman on that hit. The very next play Rex threw a horrible INT of his back foot because he didnt step up into his throw.

shanem40 said:
olb dont get alot of stats

What? Of course they do! They get INT's; Sacks; passes defensed; TFL's (tackles for loss)!

I have found this to be true of Crowder and of fan sites in general - not just the Dolphins site. Fans will often prop a player on their team up by seeing him through rose colored glasses - if Crowder were on a different team, the opinions would be very different.

Crowder is a decent player. But, this team really needs impact players! Whether it's Crowder stepping up next year (he may yet improve) or getting another linebacker at the other outside slot - what the Dolphins lack the most is a player who can step up and make the big play at just the right time.

That's really what has made New England so good in recent years. It's what got Pittsburgh to the SB last year.

Right now, there is one consistent impact player - JT. We have several good role players on D - but one or two more big play guys and then developing the confidence and mentality of every player thinking he can make the big play - that is what will make a big difference.

The same is true on offense - but they are much further away.

Back
Top Bottom