crowder? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

crowder?

Dolphinfan_7

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i was wondering if yall think he will take greenwood place b/c i hope so if he can stay healthy hell be great.

He will be in the mix depending on the formation that we line up in..

He will probably be a MLB in the 3-4 and will see some OLB time in the 4-3. But I would imagine eventually he is ZT's replacement if he can stay healthy.

For some odd reason I thought I was going to click this thread and see someone asking the question "Can Crowder play corner?" :lol:

byroan said:
For some odd reason I thought I was going to click this thread and see someone asking the question "Can Crowder play corner?"

:roflmao:

I was SO prepared for that.

Crowder can play anywhere in the LB corps. Guys that instinctive and athletic can line up anywhere and make an impact. But he'll probably make the biggest contribution in the middle (be it in the 3-4 or as a starter down the road).

Remember, Brian Urlacher was invisible on the weakside his rookie year. After two games, they moved him inside and he exploded.

Haven't heard from him since. :lol:

byroan said:
For some odd reason I thought I was going to click this thread and see someone asking the question "Can Crowder play corner?" :lol:

Seriously I was thinking the same exact thing.

I'm a firm believer that Saban has intentions to play Crowder in the outside role. Crowder can play that spot -- he's played inside, outside, all over the place. Providing he stays healthy, he can play inside when Zach is taking a breather and outside when Zach is in.

Muck said:
Crowder can play anywhere in the LB corps. Guys that instinctive and athletic can line up anywhere and make an impact. But he'll probably make the biggest contribution in the middle (be it in the 3-4 or as a starter down the road).

Remember, Brian Urlacher was invisible on the weakside his rookie year. After two games, they moved him inside and he exploded.

Haven't heard from him since. :lol:

:roflmao:

Ok this guy hasn't even played one down yet for us and people are already talking about him being good or great. First off he has to beat someone to be able to start at a position. And is he any better than what we currently have? I don't no and neither does anybody else. For that matter for a guy that has had problems with injury he may be lucky if he is second string. you never can tell. lets wait until preseason is over before any speculations please.

personally i hope he does make the team and gets in the line up. but I am not so sure he will be a every day starter just yet. he hasn't done anything to earn a spot yet.

sports24/7 said:
He will probably be a MLB in the 3-4 and will see some OLB time in the 4-3. But I would imagine eventually he is ZT's replacement if he can stay healthy.

his 1st job will be on special teams as a starter. I think the hope is that he initially learns 1 year from Zach AND Junior and takes Juniors place next season. Eventually he'll also replace Zach....if he works out. I can honestly see Crowder and Turner playing MLB in 3-4 together in 3 years without Zach on the team any longer. That hurts me to say because Zach is my fav player on the team (we've been hunting...well mostly drinking with guns...over in Pampa). It's funny you do a couple of things with a guy and his family, he get drafted by your favorite team and all of a sudden you post like you're best friends or something. Sorry about that if it came off weird. But I feel that his cap hit coupled with his age in 2 years will cause Saban to let him go. Hell, I talked with his dad last august (actually it was from a friend still in Pampa who asked his dad for me)but his dad feels that Zach may only play a 3-4 more years anyway. Zachs injuries really bothered him and they may come more frequently...thus the change in work outs this past offseason.

HysterikiLL said:
I'm a firm believer that Saban has intentions to play Crowder in the outside role. Crowder can play that spot -- he's played inside, outside, all over the place. Providing he stays healthy, he can play inside when Zach is taking a breather and outside when Zach is in.

I think Crowder will and can play inside in Saban's scheme, but I think he'll start out as ZT backup at MLB. He is best suited inside in the pro game. When/if we use any 3-4 combination coverages, then he'll definitely play ILB with Seau, and ZT will be on the bench...but that will only be in situational coverages, IMHO. With Spraghan, Crowder, Seau, and either Bowens, JT or Roth as OLB...I see Moore, Pope and others as too small to play in this scheme...Still, we haven't seen these guys line up yet, so it's really hard to tell right now..

Back
Top Bottom