Croyle at the Combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle at the Combine

PhinSoldia

Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making
Reaction score
did he work out at the combine and if so how did he help/drop his stock

PhinSoldia said:
did he work out at the combine and if so how did he help/drop his stock
He did work out. Personally i thought he looked good. He has a good touch on the ball. His bigg problem is the injuries looming over his head. I could see a team pick him up 3rd, maybe 4th rd. as a project. Put some weight on him, and see how he does over a 2 year period. Like I said IMO he looked pretty good.

I thought Croyle looked good, but he is somewhat of a project. There's one thing though...When Mike Mayock (excuse the spelling) said "he reminds me a little bit of the Detmer brothers," he convinced me right then and there why I DON'T want to draft this kid. I know I'm "stereotyping," but I just don't think he's as solid as other QB's in the draft. I would take him though, but not if I can get Omar Jacobs.

I was just reading an article on NFL.com that said he could "warrant serious consideration at the end of the 1st round"

SpeedRush99 said:
I was just reading an article on NFL.com that said he could "warrant serious consideration at the end of the 1st round"
I could see a mid to late 2nd. The injuries would be my big concern. There's a reason I'm not a scout though.

GRAPEAPE said:
I could see a mid to late 2nd. The injuries would be my big concern. There's a reason I'm not a scout though.

I agree, I was pretty surprised reading that.

GRAPEAPE said:
He did work out. Personally i thought he looked good. He has a good touch on the ball. His bigg problem is the injuries looming over his head. I could see a team pick him up 3rd, maybe 4th rd. as a project. Put some weight on him, and see how he does over a 2 year period. Like I said IMO he looked pretty good.

ok but how did Jacobs do as well...and did he warrent moving back up into the first day of the draft and maybe the 4th Qb to be taken over croyle or is croyle better

PhinSoldia said:
ok but how did Jacobs do as well...and did he warrent moving back up into the first day of the draft and maybe the 4th Qb to be taken over croyle or is croyle better
Once again my opinion. Jacobs looked good in everything. However, I do not like his delivery. He has bad mechanics. He may be able to be coached out of them. He is hands down more athletic than Croyle. I'm guessing 3rd 4th rd. on him also. IMO Croyle is a better Qb, I like pocket passers so that may be a bias opinion

2nd round pick with jacobs a later 2nd round pick whitehurst a 3rd to 4th and olson a 4th-5th

Croyle can get pushed over by a light wind, the kid needs to undergo a couple of cycles of steroids before he is even a contender for a 2nd round pick, good pedigree, and good coaching, are his positives... his downsides are he is a weak kid. i see him in the mold of Joey Harrington without the arm.

ronrevog said:
Croyle can get pushed over by a light wind, the kid needs to undergo a couple of cycles of steroids before he is even a contender for a 2nd round pick, good pedigree, and good coaching, are his positives... his downsides are he is a weak kid. i see him in the mold of Joey Harrington without the arm.

Croyle has alot stronger arm than Harrington.

ronrevog said:

Coach Ron i saw the kid during the season and he showed to have the heart of a lion.
Shouldnt that count for something? REmeber that Joe Montana was a small kid also and was drafted in the later rounds. 3rd round I beleive.

Rixon said:
Coach Ron i saw the kid during the season and he showed to have the heart of a lion.
Shouldnt that count for something? REmeber that Joe Montana was a small kid also and was drafted in the later rounds. 3rd round I beleive.

good point on the Montana analogy, and Croyle does have a lot of heart, but as far as the arm strength i saw him float more passes on the long routes than any of the other "top" qbs at the combine... I though Omar Jacobs and Whitehurst were throwing better than Croyle.

ronrevog said:
good point on the Montana analogy, and Croyle does have a lot of heart, but as far as the arm strength i saw him float more passes on the long routes than any of the other "top" qbs at the combine... I though Omar Jacobs and Whitehurst were throwing better than Croyle.

Coach Ron i value your insight being that you are H.S. Football coach.
with that said what second tier QB should us Dolfans be looking out for come draft day since its unlikely well get a shot at the big 3 with our 16th pick

I liked what I saw from Croyle, could go in the first round, however I see him going in the second. However there is no way in my mind that he makes it past the first day.

Back
Top Bottom