Culpepper #8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper #8

I will have to switch my sig to #8 as soon as they can create the new jersey at NFL.com's shop. I think Daunte will buy Berlin a six-pack of beer for his #8....that's if Berlin even makes the team.....I say our QB's will be:

1. Daunte Culpepper
2. Brian Griese (they're gonna bring him back).
3. Lemon
4. Berlin or possibly B. Croyle (with a 3rd round pick) on practice squad.

I wish he had stayed with #11. That way if he had a HOF career with us we could have retired 11,12, and 13. Way too early to think about that, I know, but it's just something that came to mind.

Silverphin said:
He can't. Not now anyway. Brock Berlin holds number 8.
So? If Frerotte was still on the roster and Daunte wanted #11, he'd get it.

Franchise QB (Daunte) or practice squad QB (Berlin)? Berlin doesn't have that option.

phins4lyfe said:
How do you all feel about culpepper changing to #8, personally i think this is great my favorite number is #8 i can't wait till the jerseys come out!! sorry if this was already posted..

i like the change, 8 is also one of my favorite numbers, being superstitious i think its a good change:wink:

Roman529 said:
I will have to switch my sig to #8 as soon as they can create the new jersey at NFL.com's shop. I think Daunte will buy Berlin a six-pack of beer for his #8....that's if Berlin even makes the team.....I say our QB's will be:

1. Daunte Culpepper
2. Brian Griese (they're gonna bring him back).
3. Lemon
4. Berlin or possibly B. Croyle (with a 3rd round pick) on practice squad.
Can't any team sign our practice squad players? what would be the point of drafting Croyle, then having the chance of someone taking him?

AJDWCC said:
Can't any team sign our practice squad players? what would be the point of drafting Croyle, then having the chance of someone taking him?

NO, I think practice squad players are under contract to that team so they can't be stolen. The practice squad guys usually are brought in when guys get hurt or they are kept around to gain experience in NFL Europe and to practice with the team. I think Berlin will still be on the Practice Squad or maybe the #3 QB since we don't have Gus or Sage anymore.

oKAY, now that it's been established that he will wear number 8 can one get a personlized jersey, or do they only come with the number 00? OR should I just buy a berlin one (if possible) and have the numbers switched. Can't wait to rock a Culpepper Jersey. I am hoping that this is a long term thing (only if he can return to form) because we have the tools for him to be productive. A MUCH improved O-line a RUNNING GAME with or without RW. A good tightend and a potential superstar at WR. I guess either way we are going to find out EVERYONES potential. Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael Brown and Ricky have proved themselves in my eyes.

Roman529 said:
NO, I think practice squad players are under contract to that team so they can't be stolen. The practice squad guys usually are brought in when guys get hurt or they are kept around to gain experience in NFL Europe and to practice with the team. I think Berlin will still be on the Practice Squad or maybe the #3 QB since we don't have Gus or Sage anymore.

Actually, AJDWCC's right. We signed C.J. Brooks off of the Panther's PS.

When daunte went pro he was really disapointed that 8 was in use. He was a rookie and had no pull to get it from the guy wearing it. He took 11 ( his draft pick #) He always wore 8 in highschool baseball, basketball, and football. He was also #8 at UCF. Me and my son have #8 UCF jersies. He is totally excited to have #8 again and we're happy to let him have it :)

Silverphin said:
Cleo Lemon, barring a signing of say, Tommy Maddox, is going to be our 2nd stringer. If that happens, wouldn't you much rather keep Berlin at 3rd string or cut him and find someone else?
berlin doesn't deserve to be on any NFL roster. he's awful.

twanderer said:
oKAY, now that it's been established that he will wear number 8 can one get a personlized jersey, or do they only come with the number 00? OR should I just buy a berlin one (if possible) and have the numbers switched. Can't wait to rock a Culpepper Jersey. I am hoping that this is a long term thing (only if he can return to form) because we have the tools for him to be productive. A MUCH improved O-line a RUNNING GAME with or without RW. A good tightend and a potential superstar at WR. I guess either way we are going to find out EVERYONES potential. Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael Brown and Ricky have proved themselves in my eyes.

if its custom it wil come as 08, proshop said a few weeks till the real ones come in

Silverphin said:
Actually, AJDWCC's right. We signed C.J. Brooks off of the Panther's PS.

During the season?:confused:

A Wing Pilot said:
if its custom it wil come as 08, proshop said a few weeks till the real ones come in

Doesn't NFL.com stipulate that if you customize the jersey with an active NFL player you have to take the number he is wearing...in other words if you want a custom Culpepper it has to be #8 and no other number?

Back
Top Bottom