Curits Martin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curits Martin

popularwar said:
Curtis Martin benefits from a good line. If we're going to talk about accomplishments, let's mention a perennial pro-bowler in Kevin Mawae, his pulls on sweeps and screens are why Curtis Martin led the league.
Yeah, I agree. Which is why I think losing Kareem McKenzie who is is pretty good in my opinion, and I think he is going to be a BIG loss for them.

Curtis martin is a stud he does produce but i cant rank him up there with ricky (2002, 2003 seasons) or jamal lewis or even LT, the truth is u guys have the best friggin center in the league that makes the heart of that o line beat, and ur passin game is above average with chad and the rest of ur oline, with the exception of ur TE. now lets take a look at miami in the last three year the o-line has been the joke of the league all we had was an avrege FB and a good TE, and we had a 1800, 1300+ yard rusher in 2002, 2003 respectively. Now put Ricky behind the JETS o line and I dont wanna even imagine what might happen :yell:

:jetssuck:

popularwar said:
Curtis Martin benefits from a good line. If we're going to talk about accomplishments, let's mention a perennial pro-bowler in Kevin Mawae, his pulls on sweeps and screens are why Curtis Martin led the league.

damn u beat me to it lol I wanna see what blaylock gonna do now that he downgraded from a the best o-line in the league (which he didnt produce that much on any way :shakeno: ) to a line thats desingrating slowly with only one stud

305 LoCaL VoCaL said:
Curtis martin is a stud he does produce but i cant rank him up there with ricky (2002, 2003 seasons) or jamal lewis or even LT, the truth is u guys have the best friggin center in the league that makes the heart of that o line beat, and ur passin game is above average with chad and the rest of ur oline, with the exception of ur TE. now lets take a look at miami in the last three year the o-line has been the joke of the league all we had was an avrege FB and a good TE, and we had a 1800, 1300+ yard rusher in 2002, 2003 respectively. Now put Ricky behind the JETS o line and I dont wanna even imagine what might happen :yell:

:jetssuck:

haha, but that thinking is illogical, ys ricky is much better than curtis but, curtis has had a better career and is a better RB. If in 97, you wanted a franchise Rb who would carry the ball, i would take curtis martin

Mawae is good

Mckenzie is the RT and vastly OVERrated........he let out 3 sacks in hi first 3 games......thats sad......and he got money he was not worth

Yes, the line is good but not great

arsenal1189 said:
haha, but that thinking is illogical, ys ricky is much better than curtis but, curtis has had a better career and is a better RB. If in 97, you wanted a franchise Rb who would carry the ball, i would take curtis martin

Mawae is good

Mckenzie is the RT and vastly OVERrated........he let out 3 sacks in hi first 3 games......thats sad......and he got money he was not worth

Yes, the line is good but not great

lol thats funny "curtis had a better career", thats an invalid assesment seeing ricky hasnt been in the league as long as Curtis "my least favorite" Martin, and plus y would u talk about pass rush when runing the ball has nothing to do with a linemens ability to pass protect. :hmmm:

arsenal1189 said:
Hello, I am new here and find it very toubling that many of you are putting the Jets down so much (being a Jet Fan:cooldude: )

Anyway, perhaps the most troubling of the points some of you make is about Curits Martin. How do you say he is slowing down when he jsut had his best season? Yes, he isn't exactly a rookie but he always manages to perform.

For example in 02, he rushed for about 1000-1050 yards

Everyone put him down, said he was going down hill etc. etc.

In 03, he rushed for 1308 yards and 2 TD's

Still the statements keep pouring in about being 'over the hill'
Now in 04 he had his best season as the NFL Rushing Leader!!!
Yes, I also do not believe he will do the same next yr but I'm looking for a good year next year from Curtis unlike many of you. 1300+ yards and 6 TD's sounds good. Plus the load will be easy on Martin where the offense wuill be more pass orientated where Curtis will have energy till the end of the year and playoffs (if we make it)

It was just something I found disturbing.

Hope you do not mind,

arsenal1189

P.S. You guys have A STUD IN BROWN, DO NOT GO ON THE WILLIAMS BANDWAGON, unless of course you want to give Brown to us :D

Willaims is smoking pot and is 195 pounds, 40 pounds lighter!!!
He also will cost a lot against the cap causing for cap problems......Keep Brown

Anyone putting Martin down is nuts...he reminds me of the Pats...every year I think that he is too old, not good enough, losing skills and every year he runs for a zillion yards...particularly against my beloved Fins. I will never badmouth him until he proves otherwise...

BTW...your real problem isn't Martin tho...your problem is Chad...if he stays healthy, you have a chance...if not...your sunk...just like in the past....

Im sure jets fans dont want ricky back....imagine the 1---2 PUNCH

Back
Top Bottom