Current Miami Dolphins Lb On Bubble? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current Miami Dolphins Lb On Bubble?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20170810-ale-dolphins-ae-0221.jpg

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Is a former Bills linebacker on the roster bubble in Miami? It appears that may be the case for Kiko Alonso. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald noted that Alonso’s roster spot is not safe with roster cuts upcoming. Here is what Jackson said in regards to Alonso.

Sam Eguavoen’s emergence and Jerome Baker’s evolution — and the fact Miami is expected to play three linebackers less than half the time — have left Kiko Alonso and Raekwon McMillan in a tenuous position. McMillan obviously is not going to be released, but his playing time likely will be impacted.

Alonso’s standing is less clear, with a club source declining to assure that he will definitely be here this season. Cutting him would save almost no cap space but would come with substantial cash savings.

Releasing Alonso would carry $8.2 million in dead money and just a $25,000 cap savings but would save Miami $4 million in cash, per overthecap.com.

Miami is clearly in a rebuild so it wouldn’t be a surprise for the Dolphins to cut ties with Alonso.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buff...i-dolphins-lb-on-bubble-afc-east-roundup.html

Not the head hunter! Give him one last shot coach.

I believe the front office has been shopping him since training camp opened, possibly before.

Can't see him getting cut but I'm sure they might try to trade him.

Anyone want to tell me who tbe plan b is for Jerome bakers ask?

Cause if it’s not Kiko I sure don’t see it.

Team finally has some lb depth not sure I’d be trying to trade it.

I feel like a team like the packers would give you a 5th rounder for Kiko. A contender with sub par off ball lb talent and play. Might have to eat a little salary which miamis not afraid to do

This is Kikos last year in Miami regardless

Outside of Jerome baker this isn’t the most fluid lb level.

I’m not counting van ginkel cause I think he’s gonna play on the edge primarily situationally. He has a skill set that we can’t mimick there. So there should be a role for it even if he’s gonna do a lot of 2 stepping and washed out with tackles if he gets matched up against them.

I believe if he's not traded, he will stick one more year, after that, unless Kiko has an All-pro season, and is willing to rework his contact to be more cap friendly, he's a definate cut next year.

I doubt it. Kiko still has lots of talent and makes big plays if you use him correctly. Having 4 lbs, Eguavoen, Baker, McMillan and Alonso is solid.

That sounds right to me. We’d be selling low on Raekwon anyways

Day 2 pick I probably pull the trigger. Don’t see why he can’t play eguaovoans ask

Aren't we basically just paying him to play somewhere else by cutting him? Only 25k savings. What's the point? Next year I can see it.

Back
Top Bottom