Current Players that may make the HOF. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current Players that may make the HOF.

Ozfin

Turn Left at Nowhere Else
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking.
Which current players [yes at the moment they are all long shots] could make the Hall of Frame some time in the future?

I bring this up because with this rebuild and hoped for success of playoffs and another SB win there needs to be some sparks of greatest for us to achieve it.
Thinking back to the 72/73 teams QB Greise, WR Warfield, RB Csonka, LB Buoniconti, OL's Langer and Little all had outstanding careers and played decisive roles in us winning the titles.

I think we all hope Tua does because it would go a long way to us achieving some success.
What other players if any do fellow posters think may have a chance?

Not sure if he counts and if you mean current fins or players recently ... Wake. With respect to the production within the small amount of years on the field— if you extrapolate that out he is a viable HOF guy. Of course you could do that with many players but Wake has a lot of great stats within that time frame.
I doubt he makes it, but damn we haven’t had a lot of great players lately.

Not sure if he counts and if you mean current fins or players recently ... Wake. With respect to the production within the small amount of years on the field— if you extrapolate that out he is a viable HOF guy. Of course you could do that with many players but Wake has a lot of great stats within that time frame.
I doubt he makes it, but damn we haven’t had a lot of great players lately.

Yes I am limiting it to current players only but certainly agree Wake had a brilliant career with us, but as you mention his small time frame may well count against him.

So hard to predict at this point. We have a lot of young players that are either rookies on in their 2nd year. I just hope some of them turn into good/great players. The HOF is not even in my mind at this point for any of them.

As far as Wake, agree he had a good career but not a HOF career.

In looking at the current roster, I see no player that is presently HOF caliber. Even mentioning Tus and the HOF is ridiculous. He hasn’t even had a practice in the NFL and he needs to play at a top 5 level for at least 10 years before he should even be considered for the HOF. Right now I would be happy with a bunch of above average players who are good enough to get this team to the playoffs.

It's plausible right now that Tua ends up being a Hall of Fame player in the sense that most people believe that he is a special quarterback prospect for whom the major questions right now relate to whether he can stay healthy. I would imagine that if you took all of the quarterbacks that fell into that "special prospect" over the past 40 years or so, between 10 and 20 percent of them ended up being Hall of Famers, which are pretty good odds. While fun to talk about, doesn't mean very much.

Wake had his time, as brief as it was and inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

And no one in Davie currently can be classified as a potential HOF type player.

Do we even have any current players that could be multiple all pro selections?
I'd say there's a few with that type of potential but none has done it yet. Like I said earlier, we have a lot of one or two year players on the roster. It will take some time to see what we have.

We'd have to be around in twenty years to find out who made the right picks. I'll go with Tua, one of our drafted offensive lineman, and one of our defensive lineman (draft choice or the guy we drafted last year). I just won't name names. :)

PS... I'd have to stay pretty healthy to be around in twenty years, so if I win you can split the prize among the younger bettors. Lol

I think that we have to ask us who on this team will be a Pro-bowl selection next season First? Get there for a few years and then we can start talking HOF. Think about it this way - ZT is one of the most liked and statistically likely dolphin's players of the last 20 years and he isn't there yet and getting in isn't a guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom