Currently in Las Vegas... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Currently in Las Vegas...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I wonder if they have odds on the Fins missing the playoffs??? :lol:

Lower than Bills considering the Bills haven't seen the playoffs in what four-five years?

:lol:

They probably do.... but considering it would be two years in a row, those odds are probably off the charts! ;) :nana:

Originally posted by WharfRat

They probably do.... but considering it would be two years in a row, those odds are probably off the charts! ;) :nana:

Sounds like a solid investment :lol:

$100 on Miami to miss the playoffs again :)

Sounds like a solid investment :lol:

$100 on Miami to miss the playoffs again :)

Hey Clumped, send me the money and I will place the bet for you.:)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Then why aren't we the third most popular team every year? What did we do to become so popular? Did missing the playoffs make all the bettors think we will go to the Super Bowl this year....Was it the annual december swoon that caused the bettors to swoon all over the Dolphins?

What was it????

It comes down to popular opinion. Let Mel Kyper rate our draft higher, and our odds will go up. Heck, just watch the odds when we get Brian Griese. I promise you the odds will shift in our favor way out of proportion for picking up A BACK-UP QB!! It's not about the number of fans(yes, we'd be top ranked every year), it's about who gamblers will bet money on. It's the gamblers who set the odds...not some guy named Vinny over at the Mirage.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

It comes down to popular opinion. Let Mel Kyper rate our draft higher, and our odds will go up. Heck, just watch the odds when we get Brian Griese. I promise you the odds will shift in our favor way out of proportion for picking up A BACK-UP QB!! It's not about the number of fans(yes, we'd be top ranked every year), it's about who gamblers will bet money on. It's the gamblers who set the odds...not some guy named Vinny over at the Mirage.

You're shooting down your own arguement.....NO BODY rates our draft as very good, so why the shift in the odds?

And if we did pick up Griese why wouldn't the odds go up? I mean it's common knowledge that the back-up QB position probably cost us any shot last year...so if we upgrade that position, wouldn't you say that our chances are better this year?

I think the people putting MONEY on the Dolphins DOES reflect popular opinion, and that popular opinion says that the Dolphins will be the AFC representative this year.

Your arguement might hold weight if you are saying that the majority of the bettors are Dolphin FANS, but I seriously doubt that they are. The majority of bettors want to win, that is their motivation, and they feel that the best chance in the AFC lies with the Phins. Like someone pointed out earlier it's inarguable.

Don't know about that Clump, but I know they have about 2;1 odds that Buffalo loses another SB in the next few years.:lol:

Darn...Clump is down $200...

pretty soon he will be drawing and selling his own blood at the Red Cross.

:D

Red Cross is a volunteer organization. :rolleyes: Don't get paid there.............unless, of course, you have Bombay Phenotype!

They never have platelets when I call them!

Originally posted by inFINSible

Your arguement might hold weight if you are saying that the majority of the bettors are Dolphin FANS, but I seriously doubt that they are. The majority of bettors want to win, that is their motivation, and they feel that the best chance in the AFC lies with the Phins. Like someone pointed out earlier it's inarguable.

That's EXACTLY my point. The odds are set by the people who place the bets. They aren't set by football experts, but by Joe Schmoe who wants to lay down some money. That's EXACTLY what I meant by a popularity contest. Why do you think there have been upsets the last few years? Joe Average doesn't see what the Rams have done in the off season, so the Rams are 200:1 to win the Superbowl. It's all about perception. Most people feel Griese will be a Phin along with Sammy Knight, so those elements are already figured in. All I'm saying is that the Vegas odds are useless, unless you are just trying to get a feel for who the average American thinks can win the Superbowl. If that's what you're worried about, then they're VERY useful...otherwise...bupkis.

I too will never again bet on the Dolphins after jinxed them a few times. However, I will bet against the other teams in our division

I got $100 at 40:1 on the Bills right before we signed Sam Adams :hump:

After it was confirmed that he signed, the odds went down to 25:1

That's $4000 :)

You should have put $1000 down that would be 40 G's. Or better yet you should have put 100 million on the Phins. That would be a Billion.

Originally posted by Sherif

You should have put $1000 down that would be 40 G's. Or better yet you should have put 100 million on the Phins. That would be a Billion.

Only had $200 in my account at the time of the bet. Now that Syracuse won the National Championship, I have more, but $100 is enough :)

If I had $100 million, I definitely wouldn't put it on the Fins :lol:

Back
Top Bottom