Cut Down date 1 week away. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Down date 1 week away.

zonk39

Bills, Jets, Pats SUCK!!!
Reaction score
Phins need to get down to 65 Players by next Monday. We have 91 Players on the roster to date.

Who do you cut?:confused:

WR- Hooks, Bellamy, Fryzell, Gadsden (injury settlement), Newsome

FB- Dyer

QB- Sheriff

TE- Mandley

OL- Pears, Bristol, Pierce, Borum

DL- Callens, McKenzie, Anderson, Thomas

LB- Hardmon, Lemons

DB- Donaldson, Leftwich

SP- Hart

I can only come up with 21 (not counting all the Injured players that will be placed on the IR). It is not that easy. See if you can do better?

Zonk

I don't think think they cut Borum just yet. At least not till they pick up someone better.

If we're talking Tackles then Tim Provost. Borum can backup both Tackles positions and could also play guard. Borum is a Jamie Nails type of player imo.

OK, let me kick azz real quick. :tongue:

QB - Sheriff

RB - Dyer

WR - Fryzel, Bellamy, Newsome, Gadsden (IS), Hooks

TE - Mandley

OL - Bristol, Pierce, Pears, Provost, Andrew

DL - D. Bowens (PUP), L. Williams (NFLE exp), McKenzie, Jurineack, Callens

LB - Moore (IR), Hardmon

DB - Lowe, Donaldson, Leftwich

ST - Hart, Stemke

That leaves you with 65. Players left to battle:

RB - Edwards/Henry
FB - Femi/Irvin (can't play PS game w/ 1 FB)
WR - Jackson
OL - Jerman/Borum, Whitley/Yates
DE - Grigsby
DT - Romero/Anderson (Romero wins again)
LB - Severns/Lemons (safety)
CB - Roundtree/Banks
S - Wooden/McGarrahan/Bell (hoping to get Bell on PS)

You're right. It is tough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty good Muck.

Then a week later we have to lose 12 more, to get to 53 plus resign PS. Who do you cut then and who do place on the PS. It gets even harder!

I would hate to have that job. "Dream Killer"

That would be a tough job to do And still have to cut 12 more? That is rough cause it seems that the coaches really don't have enough time to evaluate all the players.

Edwards will probably get cut...

Isn't Arizona looking for a back? :D

Since McGarrahn wants tobe tradedor released and you probably get nothing for him, do you cut him know and let him catch on elsewhere?

I really think we should try to trade Dyer/Edwards together. It's a real good blocking FB/2nd RB pair.

McGarahan wants to be traded or cut, dont he?

Maybe its just me, but it seems every time i see him, Roundtree is getting burned...

I think he should be cut.

Thanks guys. I admit, I started that thing going "this is gonna be easy". But it really wasn't. There's a lot to consider. I'd hate to have that job too just from a respnsibility standpoint. And then add the human element to it...... boy that's tough. Like you said, "Dream Killer". :(

Last 12 cuts.......

RB - Edwards, Irvin
WR - Jackson
OL - Whitley, Borum
DL - Grigsby, Anderson
LB - Seaverns, Lemons
DB - Roundtree, McGarrahan, Bell

Hopeful PS (this team only) - DB Bell, DB Roundtree, WR Jackson, OL Whitley (won't happen), LB Lemons

I'd really be more comfortable going with Robert Edwards than Leonard Henry. When a playoff game is on the line, I'd gladly put my trust in Robert Edwards. Can't say the same for Leonard Henry. That said, the coaches really like Henry. And I just can't see them letting him go. And with Edwards being slightly older and a RFA next year......

Honestly, it wouldn't suprise me if we only kept 4 CBs and gave the extra spot to a 5th DE. I just went with Kory Banks and his quick feet.

Actually the only play I remember Roundtree making was him knocking away a deep ball donw the sidelines. I don't remember him playing that badly. Someone who taped the game may check up on this but I think the coaches like his play so far.

Back
Top Bottom