Cut Mare Draft Nugent! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Mare Draft Nugent!

DeeAy3000 said:
Ok, if this really happens, how will it affect the salary situation?

Comon dude did we need this thread?

chub said:

With it being a real possibilty I dont see why we woudn't and if you dont like the thread dont post on it, whats the big deal?

chub said:

It's his right to start a thread! I would love to have Nuge but it seems noone would want to use a second round pick on him and he will be gone by the 3rd. Kid is great! (won my Buckeyes lots of games)

He'll be a great kicker but we need to draft the areas we're weak in and Mare still has years left.

DeeAy3000 said:
Ok, if this really happens, how will it affect the salary situation?

Hmmm, I'm not TOO sure, but I doubt Nugent would get as much as Mare does right now, so with that logic I guess it could only help us since we would be paying less for a kicker, unless of course we would take a big hit by getting rid of him, and I'm not too sure what his contract terms are to know what the cap penalty we would take would be, so in the end I guess I didn't anwer your question at all, haha, sorry.

If we don't draft Nugent then he will be drafted by the Vikings at #49.

LtDan662002 said:
It's his right to start a thread! I would love to have Nuge but it seems noone would want to use a second round pick on him and he will be gone by the 3rd. Kid is great! (won my Buckeyes lots of games)

if we DO get him (he is good but GOD I hope not cuz we would've wasted a 1st day pick on a KICKER) then we should call him THE Nuge, and they should play Cat Scratch Fever when he makes a kick

LtDan662002 said:
It's his right to start a thread! I would love to have Nuge but it seems noone would want to use a second round pick on him and he will be gone by the 3rd.

Maybe so, maybe no. If he's there @ 3, I'd be fine with taking him.

I would like to replace Mare (and his relatively high salary), but I personally would not spend anything higher than a 5th round pick on a kicker. Did the Raiders really get their money's worth from Janikowski?

jlfin said:
I would like to replace Mare (and his relatively high salary), but I personally would not spend anything higher than a 5th round pick on a kicker. Did the Raiders really get their money's worth from Janikowski?

Nugent is way better than Fat-a-kowski!!

I have been on the Mike Nugent bandwagon for months!!! :wink: Olindo hits the long ones and then misses the gimmes....NE Pats game off the dirt just to name a few games he has lost us. :(

And with the 46th pick of the 2005 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Kicker Mike Nugent from Ohio State University.

This is what you'll be hearing sometime tomorrow afternoon :D

Back
Top Bottom