Cutler or Young fall to #16...what does Saban do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler or Young fall to #16...what does Saban do?

Take BPA in a position we have some need at. So pretty much any position except QB, RB, TE, and probably WR. Take out those players and then choose the BPA or trade down.

I honestly might take Cutler cause you always need a Young QB and he might need to start the first few games of the year. This would give him nice experince to learn from and see what he has. I was not in favor of getting Cutler so he could start as our QB from day one, But he would be a nice back-up would could turn into a franchise QB. I would trade down however if there was someone who wanted to make a deal. Young is not NFL ready for a couple of years and we need a good Back-up now cause of Culpepper (he might miss a few games.).

trade down! there will be several teams interested in moving up to get either one. we need to get more picks.

23Dolphins34 said:
I'd consider taking Chad Jackson. Give Culpepper that young WR to pair with Chambers.

I wouldnt mind taking jackson either. I wouldnt draft a qb at 16, but i wouldnt be against adding a playmaker like jackson. I think all in all we go defense with this pick, it seems that where the most talent is, and it also happens to be where we need the most work right now.

Juan Cribbs said:
trade down! there will be several teams interested in moving up to get either one. we need to get more picks.
Exactly. While I do think we NEED to draft a young QB to learn, I dont think we need to do it this year. Daunte still has at least 4-5 years left in him when he is healthy so drafting a QB now would almost be a waste.

If either are there, I would see who wants to trade up to take one of them and trade down and draft a S, CB, or OLB.

Juan Cribbs said:

Absolutely, as much as I like Cutler obviously things have changed this week. Someone will undoubtedly want to trade up for him.

I also wouldn't mind Chad Jackson.

If Cutler is still there and Huff isn't, you wait till 14:50 on the clock (you need 10 sec to run to podium) and hold out for a trade down. You never pass on a potential franchise qb even if you currently have one. ValueValueValue!! If not this yr then next, he'll fetch you multiple picks - this year ne has two 3s two 4s & got a 5th back :fire:

Personally, I wouldn't mind Jackson either. Especially if we can get Ashworth, it would seem that Saban would be happy with the O-Line and can focus elsewhere. At #16 though, my list would look something like this...

1. DB Jimmy Williams
2. DE/OLB Kamerion Wimbley
3. DB Ko Simpson
4. WR Chad Jackson
5. Trade Down

Back
Top Bottom