D.Gardner still on books for 6 million !!/dead money (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D.Gardner still on books for 6 million !!/dead money (merged)

NHFINHEAD

Practice Squad
Reaction score
D.Gardner still on books for 6 million !!

I just read on espn that Daryl Gardner counts 6 million against this years cap!!!!!! Wasn't there anyother options of getting rid of him? And didn't he actually have a pretty solid year for the skins? I can't believe the "dead money" :cry:

This is old news...that's why you've been reading everybody saying we're have 6mil back next year from the DG releasing..It was a costly release cap wise, but one done because of the problems..

Thats why Speilman is so against dead money. But it is nice not having that cancer in the locker room.

It's also nice to have a guy actually in the lineup (Chester). :)

Damn, still 6 million against the cap, holy crap that sucks. DG is a punk. I thought we would get it back this year, let's say this dead money did not occur how much money would we have left on cap?

dead money

I just saw on espn that DG has 6mil of dead money on our books. What's up with that? Considering we had to pay Larry Chester to replace him, the financial cost of letting him go is even higher.
I'm not sad to see him go and am actually kind of glad, because we should have some more cashish to work with next year!!
:o

Re: D.Gardner still on books for 6 million !!

Originally posted by NHFINHEAD
I just read on espn that Daryl Gardner counts 6 million against this years cap!!!!!! Wasn't there anyother options of getting rid of him? And didn't he actually have a pretty solid year for the skins? I can't believe the "dead money" :cry:

This does SUCK but it had to be done !!! D Gardener will continue to show signs of becoming a dominate player but his sh!ty atttude will always make him just good,,, but not a GREAT DT ....

The Broncos are the next team that is going to find this out very quickly !!!:rolleyes: Marino1983

Re: D.Gardner still on books for 6 million !!

Originally posted by NHFINHEAD

It's better than his alive money, if he was still here his cap number would be in the high 8 million dollar range. Welcome to NFL with a cap.

Cutting him actually improved our Rush D and saved cap space for this season. Not to mention starting 2004 no more Gardener $ in our cap.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Damn, still 6 million against the cap, holy crap that sucks. DG is a punk. I thought we would get it back this year, let's say this dead money did not occur how much money would we have left on cap?

Actually, the only way there wouldn't be "dead money" is if he were still on the team - in which case he would have a higher cap #, ... And ... he would have a cap figure for next year, regardless of whether he were on the team.

The fact that he's gone now, means he won't count at all against the cap next year - so that's $6 M that we have to account for this year, that won't be there next - which gives us some leeway. Same with Rodgers.

In dumping both, it will save us about $7 M next year. Probably all of that will be taken up in escalating salaries - but most of those are by our prime players.

I love the Eddie Moore sig, I hope to see him starting in Week 1, and making plays.

Back
Top Bottom