D Mvp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Mvp

JPhinfan86

Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.
Reaction score
I don't understand how Simeon Rice was voted Defensive MVP over Jason Taylor. Taylor had better stats playing on a D-line with LESS talent. Simeon Rice finished with less sacks (16) then Jason Taylor (19). The sacks Rice did get were because of the double teams put on Sapp leaving him in a one-on-one situations most of the time, as opposed to JT who was the one actually working AGAINST those double and triple teams.....and STILL putting up great numbers. I have looked at the numbers and nothing justifies giving it to Rice.

JASON TAYLOR- 69 total tackles, 19 total sacks, 54 solo tackles, 19 assists, 7 Forced Fumbles

SIMEON RICE- 50 total tackles, 16 total sacks, 43 solo tackles, 7 assists, 6 Forced Fumbles

If anyone know something about why JT didn't get it, please enlighten me.

I thought Derek Brooks won DMVP not Rice..I'm sure that was the case

Yeah, I thought Rice got it...Im am honestly glad I was wrong. If the latter had been the case I would have caused an uproar.

MDFINFAN I love the pic in your sig....this is just a question can I have the url so I can have it in my sig.

JT didn't win because the Phins lost their last two. After that, his name disappeared from the national buzz.

Originally posted by Prime Time
MDFINFAN I love the pic in your sig....this is just a question can I have the url so I can have it in my sig.

Actually I made it, feel free to right click and download it.
Right click and do a "save picture as"

Good work. It looks very nice. Hopefully you'll be able to have Moore in greenwoods spot in a real Dolphin jersey and Knight instead of Freeman. Great work none the less.

what I want is for our defence to play good as a team on the road as well as they do at home this coming year.

Ozzy rules!!

JT was second in Defensive MVP voting. If we would have made the playoffs, he probably would have won.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
If we would have made the playoffs, he probably would have won.

Yup, and I think that was the case that made the final decision.

Hate to say it but I don't think he would have been voted MPV even if the Fins made the playoffs. Don't forget the Derrick Brooks scored a bunch of touchdowns last year and that means alot.

Originally posted by WeVie
Hate to say it but I don't think he would have been voted MPV even if the Fins made the playoffs. Don't forget the Derrick Brooks scored a bunch of touchdowns last year and that means alot.

I don't know. I think Taylor was more important to his defense than Brooks was to his.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Good work. It looks very nice. Hopefully you'll be able to have Moore in greenwoods spot in a real Dolphin jersey and Knight instead of Freeman. Great work none the less.

Yea, I was going to wait to see the outcome, so I based it on the present starting lineup that's been announced for training camp. Once the final roster and starters are announced then I will modify to reflect it. Thanks..

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I don't know. I think Taylor was more important to his defense than Brooks was to his.

If Derrick Brooks had not scored those three touchdowns his team may not have one as many games. On top of that he had 5 INTs for 218 yards. He seems pretty valuable to me.

Back
Top Bottom