D Talking a good game / Dolphins new D scheme Thomas happy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D Talking a good game / Dolphins new D scheme Thomas happy

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
D Talking a good game

Our D thinks it has some new things to show this year. They're talking big.. Now can they back it up? I'm looking forward to seeing some of these new wrinkles, but can they pull it off. Our blitzes in the past have left a lot to be desired. Can this year's team do better?

Show no weakness

Good article. Seau brings so much to the table. I really believe his being here is going to help in so many ways that haven't really been discussed yet. I think he might be part of the reason Greenwood has been showing some life this preseason as well.

Everyone seems to be motivated, and I for one, am excited to see us adding in some more blitzes. Combining a crazy Seau with Ogunleye and Taylor speed rushing on the ends and offensies around the league are going to have some trouble getting into a rhythem.

Lets get to KICK OFF already! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAALL!!!!! :lol:

Dolphins new D scheme Thomas happy

We are going to be a scary team this year, we wont look the same, play the same or, fear December anymore. I dont know how to post a link so it,s on Sun Sentinel.com....good read.

This D has the players to be GREAT. It's just time to step up. The new wrinkles are definetely gonna help us.

I'm expecting a lot of turnovers this year on opponents side.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
This D has the players to be GREAT. It's just time to step up. The new wrinkles are definetely gonna help us.

I'm expecting a lot of turnovers this year on opponents side.

Why do I get the feeling if the new wrinkles don't work immediately we'll be back in our old mode fast and in a hurry and never look back at the wrinkles? Great players who don't always play great as a unit. So much talent, can this be the year. We're know week 2 when we have to go on the road.

Defensive changes invigorates Dolphins

Defensive changes invigorates Dolphins this is the key thing for me
Thomas even thinks the changes will even allow the Dolphins to prepare better for opponents. He said watching video of opponents' previous games wasn't always instructive because they often were going against zone coverages, and then would change their style against the Dolphins.
what kind of DC does not do that :confused: well obviously Bates in 2002. We need to abuse our opponents O if they have a weakspot. We just did not scheme to take advantage last year. Like ag Houston we should blitz run and pass the heck out of them - if Pat is close to 100%.

We also will get TOs unless the O puts pts in the board and makes the other team get agressive on O. when Lucas was in there handing off to Ricky, most teams could play in tight on O and not run any high risks. Pt being that your D will not cause TOs via INTs unless the other team throws it downfield and/or over the middle. They will be forced to do that if we can get off to an early lead

The point is that The Oceans Eleven Defense is ready to roll in and dominate.

Originally posted by jaketaylor
The point is that The Oceans Eleven Defense is ready to roll in and dominate.

Don't hold your breath under that water too long. Dominate, oh yea at home, I see what you mean. Lets see them dominate on the road for a whole year. Then you can come up for air.:D

Blah, blah, blah...SHOW ME! The defense on our team last year depressed me to the point of not even caring when I saw Dolphins football again. They were choke artists on the road, especially late.

I wish Zach, Madison, and the rest would shut their holes and go PROVE they are a great defense, until then it's all just fluff.

Back
Top Bottom