D-wade & Ud At Bears/dolphins Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D-wade & Ud At Bears/dolphins Game

No issue at all with Wade liking the Bears. I think it is cool when athletes rep their squads from other sports. No homerism needed there, just fandom. Loved how the video transgressed, as that roller coaster of a game progressed. Wade started happy and ended up sad. All that trash talking backfired.

Haslem has and always will be Mr. Miami. Still love D.Wade even though he was rooting for the bears. Miami will always be Wade county as well.

If you played for, let's say the Rockets, and the Dolphins came to town to play the Texans, who would you pull for?

If I played for the Rockets, was called "Mr. Houston" for 10+ years and people identified me as part of the community, damn right I'd at least pretend to be a fan of the other local teams.

What he did is insulting.

If I played for the Rockets, was called "Mr. Houston" for 10+ years and people identified me as part of the community, damn right I'd at least pretend to be a fan of the other local teams.

To just you certainly.

Wade always reps the local teams . . . Except for when his childhood/home team plays against them (although lets be honest, outside of hurricanes basketball making the NCAA tournament, the other local teams have been pretty garbage since he started playing for the Heat)

This is so common, especially in South Florida with the transplants. Many people adopt Miami as their second team because they live here now but will root against them when their hometown team plays them. Hell MANY Patriot fans I have talked to down here do it with the Fins.

Not often do the Bears play the Fins down here, especial before the NBA season begins, so it really was a good opportunity for both guys.

So you want him to be a phony then? Got it. Let me tell you something- I’m from New Jersey, born and raised. I’m a fanatical Devils fan. If I was playing for the Heat and I went to a Devils-Panthers game at BB&T, I wouldn’t give a rats ass what anyone said about me, I’m rocking my red and black and I’m rooting for the team I love, and if any fan had an issue with me for that, they’d be free to kiss my ass. Pretty sure that’s D-Wade’s thinking here, and I totally feel where he’s coming from.

Back
Top Bottom