Dallas D 238 yards per game avg | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas D 238 yards per game avg

5 Super Bowls

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Opposing offenses have averaged 238 yard per game against the dallas d. That is after giving up 300+ to the falcons in week 1. Do you have any idea how difficult that is to do when your offense doesn't produce. This is the best defense I have seen in a while.

We know exactly how difficult that is. We've been living it for years now. And trust me when I tell you that it is likely not to last all year. the defense just gets too worn down, especially smaller faster units.

No smack intended, just a bit of a heads up.

also, 7 out of the 11 teams you guys have played are a combined

24 and 49. i'm not trying to rip your D, but the opponents have'nt been "electrifying"

It doesn't matter what the Cowboys opponents' record is. The Cowboys defense consistently holds opposing offenses to well below their season averages.

This is a new era this week and any stats from the prior week shouldn't matter since this is the national football league.

All previous points are quite valid. We, of all fans, certainly know what its like to have a fast swarming D with little O. Keep this in mind also. In high emotion games like thanksgiving, I would throw out all prvious numbers. Anything can happen. That goes for both teams. One could blow out the other. It could be a 9-6 game. It could be a shout out. In any event its great to be able to see one durring the week and I hope for a competitive game.

The most important defensive stat is points allowed. Right now, the Cowboys are #1 and the Dolphins are #2. Last week, it was the other way around. Hopefully the Dolphins will be back to #1 after this game. :)

Points allowed must be taken into consideration with yards allowed. If an offense is consistently putting a defense in a bad position, it can make a good defense look bad.

Doesn't matter, the boys are #1 in both.

Originally posted by 5 Super Bowls
Opposing offenses have averaged 238 yard per game against the dallas d. That is after giving up 300+ to the falcons in week 1. Do you have any idea how difficult that is to do when your offense doesn't produce. This is the best defense I have seen in a while.

This is where I feel our advantage is today. We are averaging only 268. We wont panic due to our low yards today. We will still find a way to win.

BB

The teams that the boys have played average 307.6 yards per game, and that includes when they played the boys. Our offense has also given up many short fields and some questionable pass interference calls have given our opponents many points.;) Just a little tid bit

Holding our Offense isnt an accomplishment, and Jay isnt a high-yardage QB, you could hold Jay to 160 yards passing....but if u give up a big play by Jay (such as a scramble for a Touchdown) thats where he is effective, id be worried about Quincy carter going up against a defense that is just as good as his team's defense....

Dallas allowed 240 yards....in the first half! :eek:

The great Dallas defense has only allowed 40 points today. :)

Originally posted by Shaun514
Points allowed must be taken into consideration with yards allowed. If an offense is consistently putting a defense in a bad position, it can make a good defense look bad.

Doesn't matter, the boys are #1 in both.

Not anymore.

Thanks for posting.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom