Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to Miami scenario

One thing I'm pretty sure with this regime is that they have a plan and a patient one. As other posters have noted, investing in a high-priced RB that has not demonstrated an ability to stay on the field on a second contract is typically bad business. For every RB with longevity like Gore or Adrian Peterson, there are 300 that are essentially past their prime by 28. Miami will be in a position to draft a top back in the 2021 draft. That's where they get their guy. Keep your picks.

If RB proves to be an issue this year we can always turn that 2nd round pick into a rookie runner. I like Cook, but his asking price is too high given his injury history. Personally, I would have traded Howard before resigning him for the same reason; no point paying guys elite money to miss 10+ games a year. To be fair, the worst of Cook’s injuries did happen early in his career and he has been better the past 2 seasons. Still a no for me though.

Why try to grab a RB just when he is about to get overpaid?

That is the time to move AWAY.

The fascination with "stud' RB's bewilders me.

I assume it has something to do with Fantasy Football making pepole think that RB's have great value.

With zero injury history I’d kick the tires because Cook is an elite talent.

Dolphins have 22.4 mil in cap space per overthecap and still have 3 top rookies to sign Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt and Noah Igbinoghene that's 3 of the top picks we made in 2020 other than Tua and there signing will eat away at that 22.4 mil, leaving what 10-11 mil maybe, enough to make it thru the season?

Only way I see it happening is to trade a player like Xavien Howard if the Dolphins have lost faith in him, we will trade you our problem for yours and they may want a pick from them.

2021 cap is in flex, teams need to watch what there doing

Last edited:
RB by committee please. Not saying to reject a star should he be drafted. Not saying to not pay him fairly if he works out. But running backs take so much damage that one shouldn't be a cap detriment.

Back
Top Bottom