Dan and Don | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan and Don

Marion2Clayton

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you think after this season Dan will can Wanny and offer job to Don???

I didn't know "Marion" threw passes to Clayton. :tongue:

Don is retired. Wouldn't make any sense to bring him back now.

Forget Clayton - I didn't know Marion could throw the ball.

Originally posted by Muck
I didn't know "Marion" threw passes to Clayton. :tongue:

Don is retired. Wouldn't make any sense to bring him back now.

Vermeil was retired what? 13 years? He didn't forget how to coach. Parcells was retired twice. He's forgot nothing. Gibbs had been retired for 11 years, he's back now.

I think this Marino hire could very well pave the way for Shula's return next season, especially if Gibbs is successful in '04. Shula had recently said he still has the itch to coach on Sundays.

Shula's biggest downfall his last years was as a GM, not a coach. With someone else doing the GM work and Shula brought in to do nothing but coach, I think it could work. It did back in the early 70s.

People give up this Don Shula dream. Yall are loopey if you think it will ever come to fruition. Let that old man enjoy retirement.:coffee:

Shula is something like 74 years old. I'm not sure this is what would be best for the team. I also think Marino added years to Shula's career. If some other team had taken Marino before us, Don might have been gone long before 1995. With Dan we were almost always in every season and every game. There is no Hall-of-Fame difference maker on this team right now that could even come close to salvaging game like Marino. I could be wrong, but I don't think the return of Shula would be prudent.

The Don that he really might bring in is Don Strock from FIU. They are still very good friends.

Strock isn't doing quite as well as Howard Schnellenberger is in their attempts to start up a football program.

Strock is still trying to get the type of players he needs to win at Florida International.

Schnellenberger has already taken his Florida Atlantic team to the D1AA playoffs. Schnellenberger has a couple of former Dolphins coaches on his staff. Larry Seipel is the offensive coordinator, and Tony Nathan is the running backs coach. John Bock, a former Dolphins reserve offensive lineman, is the offensive line coach on his staff.

Howard Schnellenberger was the Dolphins offensive coordinator during the 1972 undefeated season.

Oops.

Nathan is on Strock's staff at FIU. Strock also has former Dolphins TE Bruce Hardy on his staff as well. Hardy coaches the tight ends and special teams.

Originally posted by relive1972

Vermeil was retired what? 13 years? He didn't forget how to coach. Parcells was retired twice. He's forgot nothing. Gibbs had been retired for 11 years, he's back now.

I think this Marino hire could very well pave the way for Shula's return next season, especially if Gibbs is successful in '04. Shula had recently said he still has the itch to coach on Sundays.

Shula's biggest downfall his last years was as a GM, not a coach. With someone else doing the GM work and Shula brought in to do nothing but coach, I think it could work. It did back in the early 70s.

But Vermeil was 60 when he came out of retirement. Gibbs is 63. Shula is 74 years old. It's not the same thing.

Stroker for QBs coach!! Seriously, he was the Ravens QB coach for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom