Dan and Don | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan and Don

If he could be convinced to leave Florida International, Don Strock would be the best guy to hire for the position of quarterbacks coach.

Originally posted by Muck

But Vermeil was 60 when he came out of retirement. Gibbs is 63. Shula is 74 years old. It's not the same thing.

And Jack McKeon is how old?

Look, I'm not saying bringing back Shula is something they should do, I'm just saying it's more of a possibility with Marino now in the front office, as close as he is with Shula.

It certainly wouldn't be anything for long term, but if the organization is still of the mindset that they are in a win now window, and if the team still continues down the path they've taken under Wannstedt, and if there are a limited number of viable headcoaching options next season like there was this one, I could see them asking Shula to try it for a couple of years.

I would rather they take a chance on a top college coach or a successful coordinator, but Huizenga seems scared to take that chance with a team he sees as pretty close to winning it all.

If this team fails to get into and advance in the playoffs again next year, I'd take trying it with Shula over standing pat with Wannstedt yet again.

Originally posted by relive1972

And Jack McKeon is how old?

Look, I'm not saying bringing back Shula is something they should do, I'm just saying it's more of a possibility with Marino now in the front office, as close as he is with Shula.

It certainly wouldn't be anything for long term, but if the organization is still of the mindset that they are in a win now window, and if the team still continues down the path they've taken under Wannstedt, and if there are a limited number of viable headcoaching options next season like there was this one, I could see them asking Shula to try it for a couple of years.

I would rather they take a chance on a top college coach or a successful coordinator, but Huizenga seems scared to take that chance with a team he sees as pretty close to winning it all.

If this team fails to get into and advance in the playoffs again next year, I'd take trying it with Shula over standing pat with Wannstedt yet again.

Shula's last few years as a coach were'nt any better then Wanny's last few so don't kid yourself. The game has passed Shula by and he ain't coming out of retirement for the thankless job of babysitting a bunch of over paid primadonna's.

Back
Top Bottom