dan Le batard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dan Le batard

Chevagus said:
I think I'd take the over in a second. Jim Bates won 4 of 8 games with this squad.

But 2 of those wins came against Cleveland and SF. Nothing to brag about. You, me and 9 other guys could have fielded a team to beat those two sad-sacks.

we need dan lebatard...so we can tell our sons what not to be when they grow up, and our daughters what not to date-geek.

GRT8 said:
I could really care less what he says about us .......He is like school on Saturday...............NO CLASS.

Rudy: You--race me?
Dumb Donald: Hey, Fat Albert's fat but fast.
Mush-Mouth: Fa-ba-bat but fa-ba-bast.

Awsi Dooger said:
The number will never soar to 6.5 or 7 if Ricky comes back. We were pathetic as a team last year and Ricky isn't exactly a known quantity anymore.

I'm vacationing in Big Bear, CA this week before an Alaskan cruise. But when I was in Las Vegas 6 days ago the over/under was still 5. In fact, I wagered over 5 at even money at the Venetian. I seriously doubt it has jumped to 5.5 there. The early speculators were pouncing on many of the numbers, including betting New England under the 11.5, but they were leaving the Dolphin number alone at 5.

Awsi,

Do you know any online sites where I can get 5? PM if you do.

Hmmm wasn't lebatard promoting the Phins do what it takes to get Ricky Williams back and supporting Ricky and all that.

Yet now he says Boston is a bad idea.

So it's ok for Williams but not for Boston?

Explain that one.

GRYPHONK said:
Hmmm wasn't lebatard promoting the Phins do what it takes to get Ricky Williams back and supporting Ricky and all that.

Yet now he says Boston is a bad idea.

So it's ok for Williams but not for Boston?

Explain that one.

I guess it's his "anti-stupidity / anti-hipocracy" principle working there. :lol:

I believe there are major differences.

1. Boston is injury prone
2. he was busted for performace enhancing Drugs
3. got paid for absolutely nothing
4. was so far a one time proven guy.

the thing with boston ALWAYS is if we can return him th the form that he had for one year.

Ricky:

1. quit the team (insert your own opinion here
2. Drug user (non performance enhancing by my opinion)
3. Proven probowler for more then just one year.

I think that a healthy ricky is way more dangerous then a healthy boston and I'd be much happier with ricky then boston. This is a skill decision not a personal decision. (notice the fact that they are both nut jobs!!

EDIT for got to add my summary:

I think that there is not hypocricy as to the signing of ricky vs boston. the bottom line is i want the healthy version of both these guys or i don't want them at all. to be honest I want guys that can help win games the second they walk off the field i don't care. I don't pay for tickets to there personal life I pay for tickets to their football games.

awing_pilot said:
I believe there are major differences.

1. Boston is injury prone
2. he was busted for performace enhancing Drugs
3. got paid for absolutely nothing
4. was so far a one time proven guy.

the thing with boston ALWAYS is if we can return him th the form that he had for one year.

Ricky:

1. quit the team (insert your own opinion here
2. Drug user (non performance enhancing by my opinion)
3. Proven probowler for more then just one year.

I think that a healthy ricky is way more dangerous then a healthy boston and I'd be much happier with ricky then boston. This is a skill decision not a personal decision. (notice the fact that they are both nut jobs!!

EDIT for got to add my summary:

I think that there is not hypocricy as to the signing of ricky vs boston. the bottom line is i want the healthy version of both these guys or i don't want them at all. to be honest I want guys that can help win games the second they walk off the field i don't care. I don't pay for tickets to there personal life I pay for tickets to their football games.

Williams was injury prone beforehe came to MIami.
The drugs Boston took weren't banned till last year and he admitted to what he took.
I will definitely give you the he paid for nothing thing.
Definitely not. Boston has 2 1000 yard receiving seasons. Plus his worst season he still put up #'s better then Chambers average.

So your points to it being different don't matter because they make no difference.

Ricky quit on his team
Ricky used drugs
Ricky admitted to taking screening measures to hide performance enhancers

So I ask again. Why is Boston any different the Ricky?

Personally I want them both back. However, lebatard is showing his complete unprofessional bias here plus his hipocrasy

littlemike1313 said:
on 790 dan is talking smack about the fins calling them stupid for signing boston he said why would they sign a oids player and he said vegas odd makers have us wining 5 games this there and i just bought my boston jersey from nfl.com for 19.99 his jersey is in the reduced section

lebatard can say whatever he wants, but what do the vegas odds have to do with anything? that's a worthless argument.

I dont know much about gambling but I know I would prefer to be over than under.

GRYPHONK said:
Williams was injury prone beforehe came to MIami.
The drugs Boston took weren't banned till last year and he admitted to what he took.
I will definitely give you the he paid for nothing thing.
Definitely not. Boston has 2 1000 yard receiving seasons. Plus his worst season he still put up #'s better then Chambers average.

So your points to it being different don't matter because they make no difference.

Ricky quit on his team
Ricky used drugs
Ricky admitted to taking screening measures to hide performance enhancers

So I ask again. Why is Boston any different the Ricky?

Personally I want them both back. However, lebatard is showing his complete unprofessional bias here plus his hipocrasy

We're comparing ricky to Boston, not boston to chambers. If you could have one of the two on your team who would you take? Ricky Williams 4 years of 5 over 1000 yars rushing or David boston 2 of the same 5 years with over 1000 yards recieving. We can't even get chambers over 1000 yards nor booker for that matter. What in your right mind makes you think boston is going to be as good or better

While ricky may have had injuries how many season enders did he have how many games did he miss in miami? Ricky admitied taking stuff to hide weed nothing about performance enhancers nor have i ever heard anything remotly connecting williams to performance enhancers. I can tell you you that boston missed 100% of his games and his injury is in part due to his drug abuse. I know miami made him lose weight and muscle but his damage was already done. And come on you don't think he was taking them prior to this season.

As much as I dislike ricky for what he did and who he is/was as a person he wasn't a cheater and made the team instantly better. The same can not be said for Boston (yet) and seeing as 31 other teams passed on him I think they feel the same way. Dan clearly thinks that boston is a waste and that is a fair opinion. Boston is physically unable to perform while Ricky is just mentally unstable (may be ot of of shape at this point) But like I said earlier: If I had my choice beween two nutjobs I'm taking ricky every time in every situation over Boston.

You guys that are HIGH on Ricky are smoking his stash! What a short memory some people have. He QUIT the team!!! He walked out the day before camp - are you kidding me? You want him back on the team - NO WAY!!!! I'd reinstate him just to trade his sorry @ss! He's an embarrassment to the NFL and would IMO make this team a laughing stock. What he did to this team last year does not deserve a second chance - sorry. My only hope is tha Wayne forces that pot head to have to sell off his cars and homes to pay back the money he owes. Then we'll see how much money really means to him when he is flipping burgers to pay his alimony to what is the count now - 4 different women. - Real class guy there!

Last year in camp they said people were stopping their practice to watch Boston he looked that impressive. The guy gets hurt and people are baggin on him. Like that was his fault. He was working his butt off and looked all world according to the reports. If you can resign him for minimum and give him a chance to see if he can stay healthy how can you not. He would be Miami's best receiver if healthy although that's a big IF. There is no comparison in what teammate you would want - that's a joke of a question IMO!

So let me get this straight, Lebatard.

We sign a low-risk, high-reward reciever who when healthy can dominate, and we get worse???

That's why Nick Saban is Nick Saban and Dan Lebatard is Dan Lebatard.

Back
Top Bottom