Dan Lebatard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Lebatard

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Alright Dan, you want a fans reaction?

You are some piece of work Dan. You use Ricky for self promotion in your little radio show. You carry your tired act down to South Beach with your new friend in a self aggrandizing manner. You got in his "inner circle" and we thanked you for it. You had the scoop on what Ricky was doing and what Ricky had to say. You benefitted from this "friendship" Dan. You benefitted from it much more than any fan did watching the performance. You made money off of it Dan.

I don't have a problem with the fact that you used Ricky. What I have a problem with is your condescending tone, Dan. What I have a problem with is the spin you attempted to make upon YOUR announcement that Ricky was leaving. I find it funny that your spin was asking us to look inside ourselves for understanding of "Ricky's being" all the while you are making one last buck in the form of an article.

Really Dan.....Look inside yourself and your motives just prior to stepping up on your soapbox. When you step down from that soapbox Dan.....smoke a phatty for me. I endure a p*ss test for my job too. It seems those that would "keep a brother down" don't want me driving my big rig down the road stoned.

:infins:

ZOD said:
Alright Dan, you want a fans reaction?

You are some piece of work Dan. You use Ricky for self promotion in your little radio show. You carry your tired act down to South Beach with your new friend in a self aggrandizing manner. You got in his "inner circle" and we thanked you for it. You had the scoop on what Ricky was doing and what Ricky had to say. You benefitted from this "friendship" Dan. You benefitted from it much more than any fan did watching the performance. You made money off of it Dan.

I don't have a problem with the fact that you used Ricky. What I have a problem with is your condescending tone, Dan. What I have a problem with is the spin you attempted to make upon YOUR announcement that Ricky was leaving. I find it funny that your spin was asking us to look inside ourselves for understanding of "Ricky's being" all the while you are making one last buck in the form of an article.

Really Dan.....Look inside yourself and your motives just prior to stepping up on your soapbox. When you step down from that soapbox Dan.....smoke a phatty for me. I endure a p*ss test for my job too. It seems those that would "keep a brother down" don't want me driving my big rig down the road stoned.

:infins:
I like Dan as a guy and a reporter......but he falls into that category I mentioned yesterday in another thread. He is a sports guy (media personality) who is always telling us Sports isn't important. And there is more to life than sports. It's ok to have that opinion, but if you do....quit your job and don't cover sports.

Don't make your living off of sports and then go around bashing sports and saying its only a game and its just sports. Mitch Album, Mike Lupica, LeBatard, are just 3 of many examples.

They will sit there and pick up the big paycheck each week while writing about Shaq, Kobe, A-Rod or whoever. But when they often walk around with their nose in the air when it comes to sports. Acting above it all and like they are too good for it and anyone who watches is some sicko who doesn't get it.

I like Dan, he has always been good to me. But at times, and this is one of them, he is off base with his coverage of Ricky.
If its not important, then get another job!

MikeO said:
I like Dan as a guy and a reporter......but he falls into that category I mentioned yesterday in another thread. He is a sports guy (media personality) who is always telling us Sports isn't important. And there is more to life than sports. It's ok to have that opinion, but if you do....quit your job and don't cover sports.

Don't make your living off of sports and then go around bashing sports and saying its only a game and its just sports. Mitch Album, Mike Lupica, LeBatard, are just 3 of many examples.

They will sit there and pick up the big paycheck each week while writing about Shaq, Kobe, A-Rod or whoever. But when they often walk around with their nose in the air when it comes to sports. Acting above it all and like they are too good for it and anyone who watches is some sicko who doesn't get it.

I like Dan, he has always been good to me. But at times, and this is one of them, he is off base with his coverage of Ricky.
If its not important, then get another job!

Then we might receive some actual football articles rather than another meet and greet session.

Sports reporters have become no better than the tabloids.

Back
Top Bottom