Dan Marino-"I'd throw for 6,000 yards" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino-"I'd throw for 6,000 yards"

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Club Member
Reaction score
Just watched a great segment between Dan, Michael Irvin and Eisen on NFLN. Irvin gave Dan a TON of love. He said he wanted to play with the Mark Brothers and Dan so bad back in the day. "We could have killed with this dude right here." Irvin said Dan is right up there with Bruce Lee and Ali in his "man cave."

When asked how many yards he would throw for with the current rules today, Dan jokingly/unjokingly said he would throw for "6,000 yards all the time." Irvin backed him up 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/super-bowl-live/0ap2000000319646/Marino-I-d-throw-for-6-000-yards

A prime Dan Marino in today's NFL would have insane numbers

Chuck Norris when asked about Dan Marino said "Dan, he's the man, he's tougher than Chuck Norris".

If guys like Stafford reasonably get 5k a season now... Yeah, I can see Marino doing just that.

People have said for years that with today's rules, Marino would own the record books.

Stop talking about numbers & get your ass upstairs & help run this team...............

6,000 yards? Please. Let's be realistic.

Dan Marino playing at the level he did in 1984 would probably be playing for the 7,000 yard mark in week 17.

6600 yards along with 70 TD's in this era for Marino. Marino would destroy the league with this 5 yard chuck rule. You can't even touch receivers these days.

Marino SHATTERED the record books in 1984.
With todays rules, Marino in year 2 would throw for 8000 and 60 TD's IMHO with that 1984 passing game.
Cool story

Joe Montana on Mike&Mike more or less asserted the same thing this morning without the specific numbers declaring that under the present setup, he wouldn't want to be on the other side of a "Danny Marino" air attack. :up: So if the iconic 4X SB winning QB says its so, it's probably so. :idk:

Marino SHATTERED the record books in 1984.
With todays rules, Marino in year 2 would throw for 8000 and 60 TD's IMHO with that 1984 passing game.
Cool story

Pretty much. In a vacuum, I don't know that any other quarterback has ever had a year as dominant as that. I don't know that anyone's even close -- not even Peyton this year.

Just watched a great segment between Dan, Michael Irvin and Eisen on NFLN. Irvin gave Dan a TON of love. He said he wanted to play with the Mark Brothers and Dan so bad back in the day. "We could have killed with this dude right here." Irvin said Dan is right up there with Bruce Lee and Ali in his "man cave."

When asked how many yards he would throw for with the current rules today, Dan jokingly/unjokingly said he would throw for "6,000 yards all the time." Irvin backed him up 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/super-bowl-live/0ap2000000319646/Marino-I-d-throw-for-6-000-yards

Better than Shannon Sharpe on live TV talking about QB's not considered All-Time greats without a ring....with Dan and Boomer.

SMH.

People have said for years that with today's rules, Marino would own the record books.

It's funny, he owned the record books with the old rules. No one was even close until they changed the rules.

6000 yards a season? Easy. Dan really would have thrown for over 100,000 yards over his career. Those of us who watched him for years know how really great he was, back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom