Dan Marino's future? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino's future?

Noland

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anybody think Marino could be a head coach will he ever be a coach (dolphins HC)? Does anybody think he will ever consider it?

Doubtful he'll ever coach. At his retirement press conference he was asked about that. He laughed and said he could never coach today's players.

I don't think Marino likes the CBS gig. Boomer and Deion are idiots, Jim Nance knows more then either of those 2 ex-players.

If Marino does want to get into coaching, he's gotta do it in the next 3-4 years. I doubt anyone hires him as HC without any experience as an assistant, irregardless of who he is.

I could see O-coordinator or something. He was a master at the line, much like Manning. He has a future there, he just has to pursue it.

I see him as a candidate for QB coach this year or Bob Griese. No joke. I think they will ask him about it.

how about brian griese..LOL.. jk.. i hope marino is the qb coach.. so if we draft a yougn talent qb, he can teach him the best mechanics a qb has to have..

I have been hoping that it would happen for the past 4 years. He could have probably helped Fiedler with some of his stuff. He could have helped Griese this year by teaching how to use his quick release to his advantage. He would be excellent for any young qb.

He should start at QB coach, within 2-3 years he can get a OC job, and 2-3 years after that (if he's good), he could land a HC position. 6 years to go from no coaching experience to HC is pretty quick. But then again, being a good player doesn't make you a good coach.

Originally posted by BillsCAfan
He should start at QB coach, within 2-3 years he can get a OC job, and 2-3 years after that (if he's good), he could land a HC position. 6 years to go from no coaching experience to HC is pretty quick. But then again, being a good player doesn't make you a good coach.

Very true

I don't know that coaching is in Dan's future. Sometimes, the best players don't make good coaches.

I think Dan's future could be in a front office position.

The problem with Dan being a coach is that I doubt the players will be able to relate to him. Dan was so great that he could see things on the field that the average quarterback will never see. Dan was just one of those guys that had it naturally. He didn't have to watch a lot of film to be good. He was just naturally instinctive and good.

The thing about Marino with his fire and competetiveness he might would end up like Ditka cussing and sqalling all the time. On the other hand players might do what ever he say's because he learned from Shula(respect). Players don't want coaches in their faces all the time cussing I sure dont want nobody cussing and sqalling at me I dont care how much I am making. But I doubt Marino would be like that if he was a coach. He might not be as bad if he would start as a QB coach. The reason I say this I have seen him more than on occasion get in a players face and scream most of the time a WR.

He screamed at his lineman. Not the WRs usually.

The reason I said that was because they did drop alot of passes easy catches he would of had 500 more yards or more a year if they would catch the ****ball.

how about head of football operations ???

Back
Top Bottom