Dan Orlovsky's Opinion on Miami Changed After the Schedule Was Released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Orlovsky's Opinion on Miami Changed After the Schedule Was Released

You never know from season to season which teams will rise or fall.

Fins fans who are over confident about 2024, could be in for a rude awaking. Miami could be better on offense or maybe not. Does McDaniel's stubborn ways sink them to new lows?

Thinking the defense is a definitive improvement over 2023, may be wishful thinking. No one knows for sure how the defense will play, especially after so many personnel changes, including a new DC, who failed in his 1st attempt at the position.

Those last 4 games of the 2024 season could be the make or break part of the schedule? I'm not sure things will change with regards to Miami’s continued late season struggles. They could easily lose all of their final 4-5 games, or finally put it all together and change the norm and win out?
Hypothetically, if the wheels do fall off. Do you think Ross fires anyone of substance?

I feel like Grier sits on ice-cubes, his seat is never hot

Hypothetically, if the wheels do fall off. Do you think Ross fires anyone of substance?

I feel like Grier sits on ice-cubes, his seat is never hot
Not necessarily. It's possible Ross fires someone, but why? Especially if they make the playoffs again. These late season swoons have been the ghost of the franchise for years. It frustrating for sure. The way I see it, the only way Ross actually fires someone is, if the season turns into a complete collapse or **** show.

I see a really favorable schedule to set us up for a higher win/loss record than last year. Only 1 back to back on road. Cleveland is a middling team with no identity other than defense, same goes with Jest with a near 40 year old QB out a full year from Achilles...slightly above average receivers, and a clueless offensive mind in Saleh lol...

I pay no attention to talking heads as they are usually wrong and lack accountability for their hot air takes week to week.

I really like Orlovsky, but using at Cleveland and at NY Jets over the last six games as evidence that Miami’s schedule is brutal is a little hyperbolic. I can’t imagine their schedule could be any tougher than it was at the end of last season.
Miami should be at full strength health wise as long as they don’t suffer any new injuries and I fully expect Miami’s running game to be humming by the second half of the season which will help negotiate the tough weather situations. I’m not worried about the second half of their schedule.
4 out of the last 5 games at home in 2023. 3 of the 5 playoff teams. The other 2 teams - the hapless Titans and Jets sans ARod.

4 out of last 6 away in 2024. 4 of the 5 teams playoff teams in 2023 and the Jets twice with ARod as QB. Not sure how you could say it's not any tougher.

Historically (meaning this coach and players, so the last 2 years) we have not played as well as we need against good record teams, cold weather locations, or playoff games.
We can change all of that this year.
Injuries have killed us the last three years. That’s luck and our luck needs to change

I see a really favorable schedule to set us up for a higher win/loss record than last year. Only 1 back to back on road. Cleveland is a middling team with no identity other than defense, same goes with Jest with a near 40 year old QB out a full year from Achilles...slightly above average receivers, and a clueless offensive mind in Saleh lol...

I pay no attention to talking heads as they are usually wrong and lack accountability for their hot air takes week to week.
There is only one thing for certain, until Mahomes gets knocked out, their the only team to really worry about.

And I think we match up well against them, in normal weather conditions. -25 below is not normal.

Yes, Dolphins have a tough 5 or 6 game stretch. However, **Newsflash** Mike McDaniel isn't shaking in his stylish loafers like a nervous Nellie or wetting his pants at the prospect of playing Green Bay Packers at Green Bay or Cleveland Browns in Cleveland. or playing those really scary NY Jets. My hunch is that Mike is looking forward to it. In the words of Jaylen Waddle, "Fins for the win(s)".

4 out of the last 5 games at home in 2023. 3 of the 5 playoff teams. The other 2 teams - the hapless Titans and Jets sans ARod.

4 out of last 6 away in 2024. 4 of the 5 teams playoff teams in 2023 and the Jets twice with ARod as QB. Not sure how you could say it's not any tougher.
Nobody has any idea how the season is going to go for any of these teams. I have confidence in the talent on this team that they will get the job done down the stretch this season regardless of where they are playing.

Why, do you think he runs the football side of things?
IMO all of the disaster head coaching hires we’ve seen over decades had his fingerprints on them. After the disastrous Flo hire and the negative media attention surrounding that, and then his stupid collusion charge which cost us a #1 pick he’s clearly been way less visible and finally allowed the football people to do their jobs. Here’s how we know it was Ross. Ross was caught colluding with players/coaches under contract, not Grier, that’s how we know it was him. Ross was also accused by Flo of wanting to throw games, that’s also how we know.

Don’t forget the public circus of Ross getting rebuffed by Harbaugh on a plane while he still had Sparano under contract.

Or Ross holding a public press conference at trade deadline why he couldn’t close a deal for an alleged serial sexual deviant. I’m sure Tua kept that “receipt”.

The era of dysfunction hasn’t been the coaches… it starts at top and still going. McDaniel’s success has just masked the buffoonery.

Back
Top Bottom