Dan Pompeii Article...Nice Analysis of the Marino Move | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Pompeii Article...Nice Analysis of the Marino Move

Ross, no offense, but if thats what you think you TOTALLY do not understand what the article was about.

Marino is not as prepared as either Matt Millen OR Ozzie Newsome to handle a GENERAL MANAGER position. But he's not a GM. That was what Pompeii was saying. The Dolphins didnt hand him Matt Millens or Ozzie Newsome's job. They handed him a job which for the moment, doesn't have a heck of a big job description. So, all is well.

The final line says it all.

So this is the result of all the Dolphins' juggling: No one was unfairly sacrificed. They have better curb appeal. And their organization is more functional today that it was two or three weeks ago.

Neither Wanny nor Spiel were unfairly sacrificed for inferior talents, Marino gives us better "curb appeal" and with Spielman being the brain behind final decisions our organization is in a better position for success now that Head Coach is separate from personnel control...because as he mentioned a head coach is too tempted to be reactionary in his personnel decisions.

The best article I've read on this MArino hiring was a negative article.. There's every reason in the world to question this..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
The best article I've read on this MArino hiring was a negative article.. There's every reason in the world to question this..

Oh no doubt EVERYBODY questioned it...some see more negatives....some see more positives....I can understand either direction.

Back
Top Bottom