Dang thats a good point...ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dang thats a good point...ESPN

I think that just proves my point. Teams that can run, control the clock. You do fairly well with the TOP until you hit December. Here are the 16 TOP’s for the Dolphins last year.
31:07
33:10
28:08
36:21
33:50
28:55
30:56
29:00
34:30
31:45
December 3rd 25:16
35:08
20:48
23:15
23:08
35:44

Yeah I remember we kicked the bills asses that last game with sorry ass L.Smith runing the ball down your throats. Imagine what R.Williams is going to do to your defense. You guys just signed C. Anothersorrybum with no expectations of him doing anything doing the season. The bilsl are just looking forward to him providing just leadership, now what the **** is that all about. And it's not just JT going up against J. Bettis late in December. It's our whole defense. I think you might want to ask J. Bettis about that hit Z. Thomas but on he's ass.

First of all run the spell check
Second, I was not talking smack, just simply trying to make a point.
Third, I put NO stock into the regular season finale. We were down to our 3rd string QB and finishing off a terrible season. The team had run for the bus. Fast forward one week from then, when your team played a game that mattered, a playoff game nonetheless and allowed the Ravens run all over them with back-up running backs. Don't use the season finale because I know it was meaningless.

As soon as the Dolphins win down the stretch and in the playoffs, with their current defense, I will admit that I was wrong, but when every season, I see the same thing, I tend to think there is a reason for it. Your defense is undersized; you can't argue that point. They can't stand up to the more physical teams down the stretch. However early in the year when it's 147 degrees in Miami, those small fast guys dominant on defense. It's so clear to me.

Actually BillsFan..we won the Last 2 games last year and was (I think) 3 out 5 for our last 5 games..As a matter of fact it was the talk of Sports shows.. that we didn't end on a 2 game or 1 of the last 5 losing streak.. going into the playoff..so I think Wanny is getting better at how to prepare them down the strengh...I do understand your point..but mostly we have been injuried...weather it was a big DT like Gardner and Bowens..or a small LB like Zach..We have limp in to the playoffs undermanned and I think that showed. As I said before, if our O stays on the field longer and give our D rest during the season...We probably can be carried by our D during the playoffs..But the D has had to be good all season and then try to turn it up a notch for the playoff..no way...they are burnt out by playoff time turning it up a notch to keep us in games all season long.

Back
Top Bottom