Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Jeremiah on Rolando McClain

you wait r & r until dez bryant rocks the combine...i know you don't like him at #12...i have no idea why...but that guys been getting ready for like the last 6 months...

he's gonna put on a show...easy low 4.5 speed imo if not better...

possesses every trait in a #1 wr you could ever want...

you wait r & r until dez bryant rocks the combine...i know you don't like him at #12...i have no idea why...but that guys been getting ready for like the last 6 months...

I like Bryant, I just think defense is a much higher priority than WR. Not to mention why settle for Bryant in a very strong defensive class when next years WR class is possibly the best of all time.

You don't think Dansby is a better blitzer? Man I have to disagree pretty strongly with that. The more physical part, that's debatable. And I agree that Ro could be a more cerebral player than Dansby.
Everything you Talked about CK, with Rolando's weaknesses, is the same thing I see, and it doesn't take a scout to see that. you want a play maker/difference maker with your first pick. Me personally, Id rather have Dan Williams or Brandon Gram.

Certainly seemed that way. Good to see it too. Taking advantage of the senior bowl to see see what you want to see from a player.

CK, what did you think of his blocking?

I think he's got really good potential. He did well in pass protection against another raw physical specimen in Alex Carrington, and that guy had been lighting things up during the week if practice reports are to be believed. He struggled with Tyson Alualu in pass pro but I'll be damned if Tyson isn't just a high motor, hellish strong, quick and savvy guy that should be playing a long time in the NFL. At this early stage and with Jimmy being 259 lbs, I can see why that would be a mismatch. In run blocking I didn't see but maybe one usable instance of run blocking so the sample is woeful. On that particular play he did poorly but the sample is so small I don't know if you hold that too much against him, just one rep.

i think mcclain will be in the solid 4.6's

speed is not an issue...motor maybe physicality maybe...but not speed

I think speed's an issue. Cracking below the 4.7 range would surprise me. I think Spikes is about a 0.05 to 0.10 slower.

He's running 4.47 in practice runs heading for the Combine. A 4.45 wouldn't surprise me. This is why I've not been talking about him at #12 as much. I just don't think he'll be there. He'll go to the Combine and run between a 4.45 and a 4.50, and he'll get taken in the top 10.

That's why he's not on my short list.

If any of the guys I've had as my top 5 for a long time could fall, it's C.J. Spiller.

I'm not a fan of drafting Mcclain like alot of people on this site. But ILB is a big need right now for the fins and that needs to be addressed thru FA and the Draft. I like Dan Williams and Brandon Graham but what about Sean Weatherspoon. I feel Sean is going to be something special. What do yall think about maybe trading down a few slots and drafting Weatherspoon?

CK ...

if all those guys are taken (no particular order here) :

- clausen
- bradford
- okung
- berry
- bryant
- gerald mcCoy
- suh
- anthony davis
- Haden
- Bulaga
- Spiller

what would you do/ what do you think the dolphins will do, with the 12th pick (i know we're not out of the free agency jungle yet... but what, in your opinion, is considered the best player available also fitting at a position of need for the fins ? )

edit: anyone can share their thoughts on this... i'm curious to see what hooshoops would do too here... tedslimm would pick rolando without a doubt :rolleyes: :lol:

He's running 4.47 in practice runs heading for the Combine. A 4.45 wouldn't surprise me. This is why I've not been talking about him at #12 as much. I just don't think he'll be there. He'll go to the Combine and run between a 4.45 and a 4.50, and he'll get taken in the top 10.

That's why he's not on my short list.

If any of the guys I've had as my top 5 for a long time could fall, it's C.J. Spiller.

that doesn't make me happy...

CK ...

if all those guys are taken (no particular order here) :

- clausen
- bradford
- okung
- berry
- bryant
- gerald mcCoy
- suh
- anthony davis
- Haden
- Bulaga
- Spiller

what would you do/ what do you think the dolphins will do, with the 12th pick (i know we're not out of the free agency jungle yet... but what, in your opinion, is considered the best player available also fitting at a position of need for the fins ? )

edit: anyone can share their thoughts on this... i'm curious to see what hooshoops would do too here... tedslimm would pick rolando without a doubt :rolleyes: :lol:

right now i'm taking mcclain...all these conversion de to olbs make me nervous that high...at least til i see them in lb drills at the combine etc...i also have dan williams pretty high

if brandon graham looks like the 2nd coming in lb drills at the combine i might roll that way after mcclain...

First off remember that he was drafted by a 4-3 defense, not a 3-4 defense. Or at least I'm like 90% sure he was. Coming out he was more suited to play linebacker in space than defensive end with his hand on the ground. Once he got the opportunity to show his stuff as a linebacker, his ability there and his style pretty much led him to the inside rather than the outside.

I'm pretty sure it was Dansby as the MLB with Dontarious Thomas and Torbor at OLB.

Back
Top Bottom