Dan's conversation with Jay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan's conversation with Jay

Why do some of you (and the female reporter at the Herald) think Marino will bring in a QB? That's Rick's job. So Rick will bring in a QB, not Danny. Danny is just going to make sure Rick and Dave are doing Ok, doing their jobs and that everything going on is best for the organization.

Originally posted by gunn34
BMF is right. Rick's job is to bring in guys. He'll do fine.

No he is wrong! Dan will decide Rick will ask Dan and then they will tell Dave what he's got to work with FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Fiedler has no chance!
It's so awesome that Marino has the power to fire Wanny!
If Wanny does good, then great, but.....
There is nothing better then Dan telling Wanny that this is his last year, and the Dolphins have to move on with a younger coach!
Shula Junior!
:D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Danny is just going to make sure Rick and Dave are doing Ok, doing their jobs and that everything going on is best for the organization.

That's it? Ha! Now there's a cake job.
"Hey guys, everybody doing 'okay'?" Can I get anyone a cup of joe? That's what I was brought in here for...to make sure you're doing 'okay'. How bout a twizzler anyone?":rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan87

Exactly 39, Dan is just a "football guy in the front office"

Everyone, including ESPN, is missing the point that Spielman was the one promoted to GM, and it will be his choice on who the personel is.

Dan is his boss, but I really think his lack of front office experience is going to make him lean on Spielman, and Co. for advice this first year.

We'll see

maybe but the bottom line is that both Wanny AND Spielman will answer to dan, tho. If Dan tells rick to fix the frikkin' OL, it better get done and not with some halfarsed low ball offer to a Wayne Gandy either. I imagine that Dan knows as well as any what this team needs [not any particular individual,tho] and will give THAT direction. Spielman's job will be to evaluate available ppl against the cap and such. Out of the ones available to us, Dan may call the shots then on which one to sign, perhaps.

I really think everyone is giving Dan more of a title than he will actually have. Spielman is the one who has been doing this personnel thing for years. He is the one with all the experience scouting, and evaluating. Ultimately he answers to Dan, but the day to day stuff will rest on Ricks shoulders to select the players, and it's up to Wannstedt to coach them.

I think Marino may have some input on the QB, and possibly the WR position as far as looking at raw talent, but I don't see any more out of him, especially this first year.

I really think everyone is giving Dan more of a title than he will actually have. Spielman is the one who has been doing this personnel thing for years. He is the one with all the experience scouting, and evaluating. Ultimately he answers to Dan, but the day to day stuff will rest on Ricks shoulders to select the players, and it's up to Wannstedt to coach them.

I think Marino may have some input on the QB, and possibly the WR position as far as looking at raw talent, but I don't see any more out of him, especially this first year.

So was it Speilman making the picks or was it Wanny??

Originally posted by DeDolfan

So was it Speilman making the picks or was it Wanny??

They were working together, but there was a few picks (such as the Eddie Moore pick last year) that Wannstedt overruled Spielman on. Rick wanted Boldin or at least Calico...Dave of course wanted an injury prone linebacker.

This year it will be Rick overruling Dave, and the universe will be ok again. ;)

I have all the faith in the world in Rick Spielman. I think our drafts will improve from here on out, and hopefully we get some balance going.

They were working together, but there was a few picks (such as the Eddie Moore pick last year) that Wannstedt overruled Spielman on. Rick wanted Boldin or at least Calico...Dave of course wanted an injury prone linebacker.

This year it will be Rick overruling Dave, and the universe will be ok again. ;)

I have all the faith in the world in Rick Spielman. I think our drafts will improve from here on out, and hopefully we get some balance going.

I just have this bad damn feeling that nothing will be any different considering the Wannstedt factor.

Back
Top Bottom