Dante Culpepper - Future Hall of Famer or Washed-Out? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dante Culpepper - Future Hall of Famer or Washed-Out?

If he can't return to his old playing form, I'd say he's washed up. I personally have never been enamored with DC, so no I don't see him as hall of fame either.

Don't waste your breath man, most people on here will just ignore your facts.

Yeah and for whatever reason they just hate the man. I don't understand why we finally get a good quarterback post Marino era, and everyone wants to get rid of him and return to our mediocrity at the QB position. Why do we prefer garbage like Harrington over a guy who has all the physical tools?

I agree Aqua I think people want to get rid of him because of his performance in the three or four games he played in this year, but if you look at his career as a whole you can see the kind of QB he is. I hope Cam gives him a chance next year and if he is at 100% (or close to it) health at the start of the season, I bet we won't start 1-6.

Don't waste your breath man, most people on here will just ignore your facts.

Yes, and some people just ignore the results that stare them right in the face. :shakeno:
Stats don't tell the whole story.
Bob Griese and Phil Simms didn't have gaudy stats because they played in conservative offenses, but they were efficient and they knew how to run their respective offenses. I would take either one of them over DC.

Culpepper is not a future HOFer, but he's also not washed out. He is somewhere in between. I think he can get back to a level of playing near his best year (2004).

You are correct if you factor in his rushing yards.

Also you just answered my next question, which is since he is a ground based QB that is only good b/c he can work magic by scrambling (not passing) then why should we take the chance of wasting another season by giving him a fair shot.

If Ronnie Brown had an ACL tear do you think the Dolphins would keep him, heck no they would trade or cut him very fast because runners don't recover from ACL's, and the few that do always re-injure them.

DC was a great QB because of his rushing abilities not b/c of his passing skills, if we give him a shot then other QB's that don't want to compete and be part of a QB controversy are not going to think of Miami as an option.

I would name a few examples that prove you wrong but I don't see your interest in factual truth, only your opinion seems to matter. So I won't waste my time.

Back
Top Bottom