Dareus wants Suh money | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dareus wants Suh money

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They’re making it hard,” Dareus said in the locker room after the game, via The Buffalo News. “And it’s just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don’t really want me here.

"We're still waiting. I feel like they don’t want me here as bad as I want to be here, as bad as the fans and my team wants me here. I feel like they’re saying, ‘Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.'”

The Bills and Dareus were hopeful they could negotiate an extension before the start of training camp, but there is still a significant gap.

When asked to name a dollar amount that will keep him in Buffalo, Dareus said, “I’ll just say, ‘Thank you, Suh,'" referencing the record six-year, $114 million deal Suh signed with the Dolphins in free agency. Buffalo's most recent offer was just north of $90 million for six years, the report said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...otiation-bills-ndamukong-suh-defensive-tackle

Dareus mentioned the contract of Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh as the number he had in mind for his new contract. Suh’s contract averages an astronomical $19 million a year.

A $6 million gap would seem to be a pretty large chasm to close at this stage in negotiations. If the two sides can’t find common ground, it seems likely Dareus will be a free agent following this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ls-i-feel-like-they-dont-really-want-me-here/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even sure he is worth that kind of money. Great player. Don't get me wrong. Just not suh caliber

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams, and now Marcell Dareus. You can't pay everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not going anywhere. This is just contract talk. If a contract is not extended Bills would franchise Dareus. He is too valuable.

Well to be fair... I want Suh money too...

Dareus and Suh are about equal.

Dareus probably played a little better last season. He was a force.

Dareus and Suh are about equal.

Dareus probably played a little better last season. He was a force.

beiil.gif

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Bills signed Marcel Dareus to a six-year, $108 million extension, per source.

Darius is a special player but paying two guys on your DL 40 mil when you have no QB is ridiculous. Add Clay at 13 mil and that is a badly mismanaged payroll

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Bills signed Marcel Dareus to a six-year, $108 million extension, per source.

And that's why you get the genuine article and not a substitute (if you can). I mean look at Joe Flacco making top 8 QB money. Dareus is a far better DT than Flacco is a QB but it's the same basic principle.

I said it when we signed Suh that these ultra elite players are worth more than you can possibly pay them. You realize that when you see Dareus' contract. It's hard to call anything that costs $100 million a bargain but that's kind of what it is.

Back
Top Bottom