Darn our run D is good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darn our run D is good

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Describing the defensive line's mentality, Chester said: "Kill everybody."

It's apparently a successful mind-set, as these beefy, run-stopping, offensive-lineman-absorbing tackles have keyed Miami's run defense, ranked No. 1 in the NFL, allowing only 68.8 yards per game.

Consider this: The longest run Miami has given up this season is 15 yards.That was by Houston's Domanick Davis in the opener. Since, the Dolphins haven't given up a run of longer than 11 yards and opponents have averaged better than 3 yards per rush only once.

"I'm offended when a running back gets even 1 yard on us," Chester said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...tions/friday/sports_f389c8bc6024f06c00ec.html

how can you not love Larry Chester ? :allhail:

Chester is an animal. I can remember when Barber scored that TD, and I think it was the first redzone TD the D had given up, as well as the first run TD, and you could see Chester at the bottom of the screen, and he was PISSED. He looked like the team had just lost the game. It's good to see that kind of fire.

well if any of these stats hold up after Monday nite facing the Phins-clone O w/LT, I will be blown away

Consider this: The longest run Miami has given up this season is 15 yards.That was by Houston's Domanick Davis in the opener.

And that's not necessarily bad. Last week, Davis finally got his first chance to be "the man" with his first career start against the Jets. And he responded with 199 yards total offense (129 rushing, 70 receiving). He is a name to look out for.

Chester is the man...i love his quotes...but i'm worried about his injury...i'd rather have him go throught the surgery now and come back in 3-4 weeks than have him cause more injury to his shoulder. we do have Skaneena...zgonina...we need chester for our run to the bowl. do any of you know how long he would be out for his he had surgery done?

Chester is the man :D

I also would rather him have surgery now and not play through risking anything.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Chester is an animal. I can remember when Barber scored that TD, and I think it was the first redzone TD the D had given up, as well as the first run TD, and you could see Chester at the bottom of the screen, and he was PISSED. He looked like the team had just lost the game. It's good to see that kind of fire.

You are right, that is one of the most memorable single moments of this season so far for me. Seeing him THAT PISSED about it, even when the TD was set up by a Fiedler fumble (the whole scoring drive was just a couple of plays, right?), showed me that this D was something special this year.

Larry Chester is a beast..

"well if any of these stats hold up after Monday nite facing the Phins-clone O w/LT, I will be blown away"

didnt the Dolphin defense shut down LT last year while Ricky went wild in that game? or am i confusing that game with nother? now SD isnt even the teamthey were last year if their record is any indication. i see no reason why the D cant do it again.

Not sure, but I believe if Chester has surgery, he would be out for the year... that's why he's trying to play through it.. I may be wrong though..

I acutally remember going up against Davis. We couldn't tackle the guy. Our run D this year has been stellar since that game.

Back
Top Bottom