Daryl Gardener: A Bengal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daryl Gardener: A Bengal

MelbournePhin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Gardener a Bengal

O'Neal will not be the only former Bronco in Cincinnati this season. The Bengals have reached agreement with defensive tackle Daryl Gardener on a four-year, incentive-laden, $9.3 million contract that will be announced this week.

The Broncos will release Gardener after June 1, at which point he officially will be allowed to sign with the Bengals. Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis was Gardener's defensive coordinator in Washington.

from the denver post

probably. what a waste of talent. I wish he could could have had a long and healthy career here, but oh well

Originally posted by MelbournePhin
Gardener a Bengal

O'Neal will not be the only former Bronco in Cincinnati this season. The Bengals have reached agreement with defensive tackle Daryl Gardener on a four-year, incentive-laden, $9.3 million contract that will be announced this week.

The Broncos will release Gardener after June 1, at which point he officially will be allowed to sign with the Bengals. Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis was Gardener's defensive coordinator in Washington.

And the Gardener saga continues...

If someone wanted to make a couple extra $$$ they could start a pool on how long DG will stay with ONE team !!!

:eat:

Marino1983

He'll make some trouble for them by the 2nd week of the season.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm sorry, but this is hypocritical. Everyone here is assuming David Boston will be productive and behave reasonably well (myself included). Daryl Gardner is reuniting with Marvin Lewis, why will Gardner automatically be a cancer but not David Boston? Grow up. There's no point in bashing Gardner, he's not on our team anymore.

yeah old "warf" will be getting some unwanted headlines early in the season. imo

Originally posted by LIQUID24
I'm sorry, but this is hypocritical. Everyone here is assuming David Boston will be productive and behave reasonably well (myself included). Daryl Gardner is reuniting with Marvin Lewis, why will Gardner automatically be a cancer but not David Boston? Grow up. There's no point in bashing Gardner, he's not on our team anymore.

You will be call patronizing later for this, but I thinks you hit the nail on the head..my man...good post and 100% true.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You will be call patronizing later for this, but I thinks you hit the nail on the head..my man...good post and 100% true.
Thanks MD. I just don't think we should be making fun of someone else's "problem child" when we have our own.

There's abig difference between D-bo and DG

Originally posted by LIQUID24

David Boston, messed up last season, was suspended, publicly apologized and played good the remainder of the season, while DG, played well for Washington on a one year deal, left for big money at Denver and starts immediately giving problems and having back spasms.

I'm sorry but DG comes accross as a gifted athlete, who sincerely beleives he's bigger than the game and is only in it for the check. I just find it ironic how , when he has a contract year he's virtually injury free and playing great football, but as soon as he has some financial security i.e. long term contract, he acts up. I can't really speak on D Boston, but there's something to be said about acknoeldging you're wrong publicly and correcting your mistakes, I can't remember when DG has publicly apologized or even take accountability for his actions. He seems like the classic locker room cancer.

i wish him the best but I wouldn't be suprised if he's not looking for another team at the end of this season, it's hard to say that about DBo

well its a good point about being hypocritical, and i was excited and still am about getting boston, but the reason i was excited was because we invested next to nothing in him, so if he does fail we lose little. also i never said boston would be no trouble, so therefore i can say gardener is nothing more than a big pile of trash and will be a cancer. i'm still mad about him fighting mcduffie years ago.

Re: There's abig difference between D-bo and DG

Originally posted by rhadaddy

David Boston, messed up last season, was suspended, publicly apologized and played good the remainder of the season, while DG, played well for Washington on a one year deal, left for big money at Denver and starts immediately giving problems and having back spasms.

I'm sorry but DG comes accross as a gifted athlete, who sincerely beleives he's bigger than the game and is only in it for the check. I just find it ironic how , when he has a contract year he's virtually injury free and playing great football, but as soon as he has some financial security i.e. long term contract, he acts up. I can't really speak on D Boston, but there's something to be said about acknoeldging you're wrong publicly and correcting your mistakes, I can't remember when DG has publicly apologized or even take accountability for his actions. He seems like the classic locker room cancer.

i wish him the best but I wouldn't be suprised if he's not looking for another team at the end of this season, it's hard to say that about DBo

I agree. Boston may have baggage but he was never as bad as Gardener. Boston even restructured his contract when he was traded to the Dolphins to help out the team, something Gardener would never do.

All Gardener cares about is money. He played well that one year in Washington because he was playing for a contract. He got the big contract and then went back to his old ways.

Daryl Gardener is probably the main reason why Miami now focuses on "good character" in their draft picks.

Daryl Gardener has all the f*cking talent and size in the world to be the most dominant defensive tackle in the NFL. I loved him when he was here in Miami ( He was my favorite Miami defender) and still do love the way he plays.

This guy CANNOT be blocked one on one by any O-lineman in the NFL. The things that have knocked down his career a little have been that he neglected working out his lower back muscles earlier when with Miami and that was why he missed games when playing for the Dolphins. His upper body was too strong and his lower body was too strong as well and his lower back just could not handle the weight and collisions because of improper attention to his lower back.

The other knock of course was the guys attitude and ego. Way too much talk that pissed off teammates.

With the "incentive-laden" contract he's being given by the Bengals, I look for him to have an excellent year. This guy is a MONSTER weighing in at about 300 or 310 and has not as much fat bouncing around than most 300 pounders do. This guy is the definition of the word "beast". Naturally very, very, big.

I'll be keeping my eye on him with the Bengals. MArvin Lewis knows how to humble players. Gardener will also have to "earn" his paycheck this time. It's a scary thought.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Daryl Gardener is probably the main reason why Miami now focuses on "good character" in their draft picks.

No, I think a guy named Cecil Collins takes that award. And it's not something exclusive to the Miami Dolphins by any means. High character is something all teams go after when drafting or signing FA players.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom