Dave' Record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave' Record

Since were are bringing AFCE stats lets look up the last 20 years of Dolphin greatest moments, Upps Dave was not with them at this time so we have to blame those that came before him for the anguish we are feeling now.

SHULA
1986: 8-8, 3rd place AFCE
1987: 8-7, 2nd place AFCE
1988: 6-10, 5th AFCE
1989: 8-8, 3rd AFCE
1990: 12-4, 2nd AFCE
1991: 8-8, 2nd AFCE
1992: 11-5, AFCE Champs
1993: 9-7, 2nd AFCE
1994: 10-6, 2nd AFCE
1995: 9-7, 3rd AFCE

JJ
1996: 8-8, 4th AFCE
1997: 9-7, 2nd AFCE
1998: 10-6, 3rd AFCE
1999: 9-7, 3rd AFCE

DAVE
2000: 11-5, AFCE Champs
2001: 11-5, 2nd ACFE
2002: 9-7, 3rd AFCE
2003: could be 10-6 and 2nd AFCE

It seems lately that it takes at least 11 victories to make it to the post season in the AFC. Before, a few years ago 9 victories could have given you the AFCE title. It seems the players feel that they only need those 9. boy are they wrong.

One area that most of you stated is that this team when it has needed to win a tough game it has not succeeded. IMO coaching takes the ultimate blame for that.

So lets fire everyone of those players that are not consistant in their execution, but don't blame the coaches when some of our favorite and high dollar players are let go. They only seem to show up when they want to because they know that they will have a job somewhere else.

Thats is my $1.40 worth

GOOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
2000: 11-5, AFC East Champs
2001: 11-5, 2nd place AFC East, elimated Wild Card weekend
2002: 9-7, 3rd place AFC East, played for Division title week 17
2003: 10-6/9-7, 2nd place AFC East, eliminated week 16

See how we declined every year? That record is just as misleading as Jerry Rice's 40-time.

That's the same thing I said last winter about Wanny and folx didn't take too kindly to it.
WoW, what a difference 15 games make !! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
Here is another interesting number that they seem to leave out in Dave's years here..

The dolphins are 14-19 against teams with an overall record above .500 in the Wanny/Jay era... (2000-2003)
thats .424. They only win 42 percent of the games against winning teams..
A not so great statistic.. Maybe you guys can use it in your case against Wanny..

Thanks, but we already gotta case! Wanny.......... [sorry, can't say he sux cuz that is unsubstantial, factless bashing, ;) ) :lol:

Originally posted by TexPhinPhan
Wanny's greatest sins, IMHO, have been in his role as GM. Specifically his failure to address the O-line problems aggresively enough.

As is probably true of most folks on this site, I watched all the games with the exception of NE I (thank god). To my untrained eye, these games were lost more by bad execution, mental breakdowns, etc. than coaching errors. Arguably mental errors etc. ultimately are the coaches responsibilty as well, fair enough.

Should Wanny get another year? I don't have a problem with that as long as we get a GM to handle personnel issues. Norv Turner did not all of a sudden become a moron in one season. Same with Bates. The Phins problems are personnel problems, most specifically o-line. (a better qb and recievers wouldn't hurt either)

Having said all that, will I lose sleep if Wanny is fired. Only if we hired Spurrior in his place.

Texphinphan

But there is a valid reason why Turner and Bates have become morons so suddenly............... ;)

If we shook Wanny and Spurrier up in the same bag, neither would come out. They'd both just clog it up !! ;)

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
Here is another interesting number that they seem to leave out in Dave's years here..

The dolphins are 14-19 against teams with an overall record above .500 in the Wanny/Jay era... (2000-2003)
thats .424. They only win 42 percent of the games against winning teams..
A not so great statistic.. Maybe you guys can use it in your case against Wanny..

Well, my $1.41 trumps the living hell outta yer $1.40!! We didn't win the AFCE last year. We WERE the #1 seed going in til we choked the linving schidt out of it. And now, even if we do go 10-6, it's alot worse than last year, considering the playoffs and such.

No, Wanny has F-d upped for the last time.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
hey dude the jets won the east last year.

I apologize, made a mistake and after correcting NE won the tie breaker against the Jets with their games of 44-7 NE and Jets 30-17.

Miami was 3rd on the division and it has been corrected on my post. Thanks for catching it..

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom