Dave Wannstedt Previews The 2003 Season - Part III - the D and STs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave Wannstedt Previews The 2003 Season - Part III - the D and STs

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dave Wannstedt Previews The 2003 Season - Part III
“Zach Thomas continues to prove year in and year out that he is one of the top middle linebackers in the NFL, and was deservedly voted to the Pro Bowl once again. He is one of the most respected players on our team, as evidenced by the fact that his teammates voted him as a captain on defense. Zach is one of the hardest workers and most intense competitors that I’ve ever been around in all my years of coaching. Acquiring Junior Seau will really add a new dimension to our defense. We’ll line him up on the weak side. He is the type of football player who will bring passion, talent and a leader to our team, not just on Sundays but from what he does in the offseason and how he prepares during the week. I don't think there is anybody in the National Football League that does it better or does it in a more professional way than what Junior does. Morlon Greenwood was one of our leading tacklers last season and he has made great strides since his rookie season two years ago when he started from almost day one. Tommy Hendricks gives us experienced depth at all three linebacker spots. Eddie Moore, our top draft choice this year, is a guy that’s played all three linebacker positions. He’s a smart guy. He can run. He fits the mold of what we like from the standpoint of a linebacker with a lot of athletic ability that can cover and run. And this guy can do that. We’ll line him up at the weakside spot. He’s an excellent special teams player. Corey Jenkins, who we drafted a little later, is an interesting guy. Although he played mostly quarterback in college, he’s smart and athletic. He’s played professional baseball, so heââ¬â„¢s a little older and very mature.â€Â
on LBs

This is the final installment of a 3 part piece Wanny offered up..this is on the D.

Opps I didn't see that D39 beat me to this. Hey Whaft you can delete this one..

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear he isn't obsessed with Freeman like he was last year.

"Freeman was ok at his positions, but not outstanding." Then he goes on about Knight ;)

I don't know about his "clutch situation" remark about the kickers...that's treading some dangerous water there...Don't want to bring up bad memories...

Back
Top Bottom