David Bowens' Status Uncertain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Bowens' Status Uncertain

phunwin said:
The chances are slim and none. Bowens weighs between 255 and 260 pounds. A move to OLB (if we went 3-4, due to our sudden shortage of DTs) would be much more likely than a move to DT. Given his tall size, he'd need to put on about 60 pounds to have the requisite wide body to play DT. That's not happening unless he signs an endorsement deal with Burger King.

Does anyone know the nature of that $900K+ of bonuses? i.e. is there a roster bonus here? $2.8 million is *WAY* too much of a cap hit for an injury-prone guy who's going to be a backup DE and special teamer.

And I hesitate to say this, but if we're set on bringing Ricky Williams back, I'd just as soon cut Bowens and work out a deal with Williams where we meet in the middle between the minimum (which his contract may say he must play for) and $3.7 million (which his contract also may say he must play for).

So you'd rather get rid of a young experienced, and proven DE, plus Bowen is n't injury prone, he hurt himself in that freak incident, but lasted all last year in his first starting role, prior to that he came in on 3rd downs and proved affective..He's starting to show potential and Carter and Holliday are on the downside. I'd rather keep Bowen's and find money for ricky somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom