David Njoku | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Njoku

I have no interest in underperforming prospect TEs. It's a difficult position in the NFL where guys are overdrafted all the time if they show an iota of physical potential and yet so many fail to make more than marginal impacts as role players.

Mid-Late Round Draft Pick

David Njoku cost the Cleveland Browns a first-round draft pick to take him. Exit this article now if you actually think you can get anything close to that in a trade for him. Njoku has been hurt, a headache, and a malcontent in the locker room (hence the benching last year), and you expect a team to take a flyer on the guy with over three years of experience already?

Except, in this case, teams do know. They’ve seen Njoku fail to impress. The whole “it takes tight ends longer…” excuse is just that; an excuse. George Kittle was taken in the same draft as Njoku. He was just taken in the fifth-round. All he’s done is break 500 yards every season he’s been in the NFL, top 1,000 yards twice, and score 12 touchdowns. Kittle nearly doubles Njoku’s career tallies in yards and catches.

If Njoku was a fifth-round pick, then fair play. Njoku would have had a great career by that metric. Njoku was not a fifth-round pick. He was a first-round pick and has never lived up to that expectation. The best you could hope for in a Njoku specific trade is a fifth-round pick.

If you’re lucky.

I would offer a fourth. Take it or leave it.

If Browns do not make the playoffs this year, he will demand a trade again, Dolphins should offer a 3rd rounder and if Browns will not accept that, Dolphins should move on

If Browns do not make the playoffs this year, he will demand a trade again, Dolphins should offer a 3rd rounder and if Browns will not accept that, Dolphins should move on
I’d rather draft one next draft, there’s a few really good ones coming out, great TE class. 3rd round pick is too much in my eyes. Sure he has potential, but he’s had injuries, and he’s like another Geiscki. I would like that TE that can play well in the blocking game too.

Back
Top Bottom