Davis' Mission To Prove Doubters Wrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davis' Mission To Prove Doubters Wrong

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
JALEN-1.jpg

Davis also was not a draft pick, though that one might have been the most surprising thing of all he’s not. After all, Davis brought quite the resume into the 2018 NFL draft after being named a first-team All-American selection last season by the Walter Camp Football Foundation, and a second-team All-American choice by The Associated Press and the Football Writers Association of America.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...rs-Wrong/054730ac-cddc-4966-9938-ea106780db94

Earlier in the offseason I read that we should watch out for this kid, he could surprise (either from a current Dolphins player, someone on the coaching staff, or a draft analyst I respect).

Great problem to have now lets hope one of these guys are on the roster at DT.

Is it between him and Cornell Armstrong for the last corner on the roster?
I’m thinking so, unless we keep 6 but with all the other db’s we have too that might be tight

Howard, tank, mccain, lippett are locks and i would guess Armstrong and Davis are the front runners for that last spot (or maybe 2)

How many DBs do teams keep on the 53 man rosters nowadays given all the nickel and dime being played?

I forgot about him. I thought he was a guy we liked and wanted to develop..

How many DBs do teams keep on the 53 man rosters nowadays given all the nickel and dime being played?

I would say around ~ 10 though?

Howard
Tank
Lippett
McCain

Aikens
Jones
Fitzpatrick
McDonald

there's 8 right there. we may need more reserve safeties than just aikens and mcdonald, who will get plenty of run (as will aikens on ST). So I would say maybe Mo Smith for the next safety spot? Don't think I'm forgetting anyone else more prominent. Corner is a huge log jam, do we keep 5 or 6? Armstrong, Davis, and McTyer are all competing for limited spots. I consider Jordan Lucas as good as gone

Back
Top Bottom