Davis signs contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davis signs contract

Our front office isn't playing with these rookie contracts. Current structure clearly better with rookie cap. Can't wait til those guys finally get in the building and start learning.

Our front office isn't playing with these rookie contracts. Current structure clearly better with rookie cap. Can't wait til those guys finally get in the building and start learning.
The rookie cap is such BS. Negotiated on behalf of people with no say in it.

I expect BIG things from this BIG man...Hope he comes hungry! He needs to start eating blocks day one...

The rookie cap is such BS. Negotiated on behalf of people with no say in it.

It was a great addition to the CBA. People who had never played a down in the NFL were getting massive deals while free agents were getting left out, that's BS.

These guys are still getting paid quite handsomely. The last pick gets something like $700K a year after 4 years.

These guys get money and on top of that an opportunity to prove themselves and make more, not sure how that's BS.

Last edited:
It was a great addition to the CBA. People who had never played a down in the NFL were getting massive deals while free agents were getting left out, that's BS.

These guys are still getting paid quite handsomely. The last pick gets something like $700K a year after 4 years.

These guys get money and on top of that an opportunity to prove themselves and make more, not sure how that's BS.

The rookies get screwed. They should be able to negotiate whatever a team will pay them, like everyone else.

The rookies get screwed. They should be able to negotiate whatever a team will pay them, like everyone else.

Rookies are getting paid millions, that's hardly getting screwed, you're over exaggerating.

Now what the NCAA is doing to college players, that's getting screwed.

Really I just am a huge fan of all the rookies being in camp day 1 and the accelerated process of getting these guys signed, sealed, delivered. It's good for both the player and the organization. Let the rookie prove he's worthy of that next contract.

Raekwon Davis DL, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins signed second-round DT Raekwon Davis to a four-year contract.

The No. 56 overall pick, Davis (6’6/311) was a three-year starting defensive end at Alabama, earning first-team All-SEC honors as a sophomore (8.5 sacks, 10.0 TFLs) before a subsequent two-year regression. His lengthy frame is mostly a negative to his game and prevents him from winning with first-step burst as a pass-rusher, but his maturity and lack of production are bigger issues. He only totaled 2.0 sacks and 8.5 TFLs during his junior and senior seasons. If Davis buys in, he has the strength to be a quality run-stopping starter in the NFL, but he is a low-floor gamble considering how early he was picked last month.

I do love seeing these guys get under contract this quick. I think it means they are eager to start their careers and will show this on the field. I must say good job when it really is.

Idk who can complain about the rookie system. These guys went to school for free and are now millionaires at a very young age.
About the new rookie, he is a big kid and hopefully he is more Jordan Phillips now than when Jordan was a rookie with us. Well hopefully he is better than that even. Nevertheless seems like the general media thinks he will be a bust. I think Flores will coach the hell out of him, and hope we got a steal .

Back
Top Bottom